AUTOart Pagani Zonda R

Review or compare your diecast models here. Manufacture versus manufacture or brand versus brand.
Forum rules
Welcome to the the DS "Model Reviews" forum. The rules here are quite simple. Please build your review thread with detailed information and photos as you would any other post, but please adhere to the few simple rules below. Any questions please direct to Administrators or Moderators. Thank you the DS staff.

1) ADD "REVIEW:" to the beginning of your description field
2) Separate EACH photo with 1 line spacing
[KRAFTIG]

AUTOart Pagani Zonda R

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:03 am

I purchased this Pagani Zonda R by AUTOart back in February 2011, it was highly anticipated by me and many others collectors at the time. AUTOart had really never ventured into this territory of extreme details at $200 plus opening price point. In retro spec this may have been the birth of what is nearing the norm for today. Don't get me wrong here, the model is brilliant but is $249 brilliant, I'll let you decide...

The exterior of the model is simply BEAUTIFUL, its absolute eye candy for the senses, so much to see! The carbon fibre work is well executed and the weave is perfect In my opinion. Body lines flow on this monster, even standing still it seems to be going 200 mph! Some assembly is required with this model; the rear wing comes disassembled and secured with the styrofoam shell and the exterior mirrors both left and right need to be installed. AUTOart does supply a few tools (screwdriver, handling cloth, and magnifying glass) with the model, along with the typical Signature Series literature. There were some concerns from collectors that it what too difficult to assemble the wing due to the fact the screws were very tiny. Easy fix, prior to assembly magnetize the tip of the provided screwdriver with a magnet. The small screw will stay in place long enough for you to install. The shutlines aren't perfect mostly due to the fact that the front and rear are both fully removable bits. The wheels are nicely executed too, with a lot of detail behind the obvious rotor and brake caliper. More on that shortly.

The motor work is remarkable, again enough eye candy here to satisfy the most discriminate collector, I best leave the photos to do the talking here. There are concerns how AUTOart used some screws to manufacture certain components on the model vs. the 1:1 but honestly it works well together, like a finely tuned v12. The front compartment is fully removable as mentioned above. Nice detail is provided, which now fully reveals is the awesome suspension components. Carbon fibre theme is still very visible here.

The interior is nicely appointed and serves the original 1:1 well. Pagani are masters at form and function being integrated as art, very oblivious here. As Zonda R is considered a track car the interior is sparse in regards to Pagani standards but the usual bits both street and track are present.

Overall I think AUTOart hit a home run with the Zonda R. It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but for a supercar collector this one is a MUST! There is some much to enjoy with this model. Every time you take a minute to two to enjoy it you discover some other details you may have over looked, and I for one am good with that. AUTOart has announced the Pagani Huayra for 2013, pre-production samples are indicating the model will thrump the Zonda R, and I can't wait to review it! Enjoy the pics!!

diabloex

Re: AUTOart Pagani Zonda R

Post by diabloex » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:29 am

This model is a classical piece that has its value and very detailed. I personally seen it but I still prefer the original Zonda. So wish AutoArt will release a Pagani Zonda.. :wall:

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:46 pm

diabloex wrote:This model is a classical piece that has its value and very detailed. I personally seen it but I still prefer the original Zonda. So wish AutoArt will release a Pagani Zonda.. :wall:
I believe more are in the works ;)

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:09 pm

Really glad I bought this one. The Mazda 787B is one of those surreal gems from autoart as well. If anything, I'd say it's even better than the Zonda. Seriously excellent model of probably the most iconic Le Mans racer of all time. Glad to have them both either way.

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:10 pm

The engine bay is prettier on the Zonda. That's about it

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:10 pm

StratosWRC wrote:The engine bay is prettier on the Zonda. That's about it
The entire Zonda composition is sexier than the Mazda :rockon:

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:19 pm

[KRAFTIG] wrote:
StratosWRC wrote:The engine bay is prettier on the Zonda. That's about it
The entire Zonda composition is sexier than the Mazda :rockon:
Blasphemy!!!! The 787 is known as the best sounding car of all time too!

Mikey MKIV

Post by Mikey MKIV » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:58 pm

Id say the Zonda R is autoarts best engine replication to date. Theres just somethin about the white coated exhaust that really sets it off.

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:22 am

Mikey MKIV wrote:Id say the Zonda R is autoarts best engine replication to date. Theres just somethin about the white coated exhaust that really sets it off.
Agree 100%

jface

Post by jface » Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:18 pm

Love both but id wait for a road going Pagani version.....That Mazda is on my wishlist some day.

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:32 pm

The Zonda Revolucion is coming. Its road legal

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:36 pm

StratosWRC wrote:The Zonda Revolucion is coming. Its road legal
So is the above. Okay maybe not everywhere in the world... ;)

Return to “Model Reviews”