PART I- BBR FERRARI LaFERRARI review

Review or compare your diecast models here. Manufacture versus manufacture or brand versus brand.
Forum rules
Welcome to the the DS "Model Reviews" forum. The rules here are quite simple. Please build your review thread with detailed information and photos as you would any other post, but please adhere to the few simple rules below. Any questions please direct to Administrators or Moderators. Thank you the DS staff.

1) ADD "REVIEW:" to the beginning of your description field
2) Separate EACH photo with 1 line spacing
StratosWRC

Re: BBR FERRARI LaFERRARI review and comparison PART I

Post by StratosWRC » Wed Jul 26, 2023 10:34 pm

I like your reviews cause you're not afraid to criticize the models you own, which or course doesn't mean that you don't like them but you're able to objectively judge their flaws. Mention that to some people and they get all pissy. Said to one guy "I'm buying this model but I wish they did x and y better" and he blocked me lol

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:18 am

Right on man. I bought the F12 tdf recently, it's the only modern Ferrari model I have (I only have a total of 3 Ferraris anyway, 2 of which are dismantled currently) and I feel like the effort is similar to the Laferrari albeit the latter looking a bit more crude in places due to the more exotic design being more difficult to replicate. I was very surprised to see sloppy overspray and gluing on such a high end model. I do still want the Laferrari, but I would want to modify it. I could get actual separate orange cables, a few more details in the engine bay etc. I could go as far as dismantling it and puttying/sanding those separate parts in the rear vents and doors but I really don't wanna deal with a repaint. Also taking a black acrylic marker to the edges of the headlight lenses (after sanding off the tabs) would do wonders for the realism. I'm still on the fence though, they're very expensive

Gavin

Post by Gavin » Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:00 am

Great, detailed review. Nice to see you posting again, hope that continues.

Speaking of the Hot Wheels Elite LaFerrari, a seller had red ones fairly priced recently, but all had paint damage. Do you know anything about those? Was that an issue with that model? I missed the Hot Wheels Elite, so got the BB Signature...its ok for a $60 model, but obviously not on the same planet as these BBRs.

Gavin

Post by Gavin » Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:01 pm

Lucky13 wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:43 am
I have no idea what models you are looking at.
see Ebay item# 313756269347. He's sold 52 & still has 10+ available.

Return to “Model Reviews”