REVIEW: AUTOart Bugatti EB Veyron 16.4 Sang Noir

Review or compare your diecast models here. Manufacture versus manufacture or brand versus brand.
Forum rules
Welcome to the the DS "Model Reviews" forum. The rules here are quite simple. Please build your review thread with detailed information and photos as you would any other post, but please adhere to the few simple rules below. Any questions please direct to Administrators or Moderators. Thank you the DS staff.

1) ADD "REVIEW:" to the beginning of your description field
2) Separate EACH photo with 1 line spacing
[KRAFTIG]

REVIEW: AUTOart Bugatti EB Veyron 16.4 Sang Noir

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:59 pm

Once in a while there comes a special model that makes even the most seasoned collector giddy. The latest release from AUTOart, the Bugatti EB Veyron 16.4 Sang Noir does that for me. It has been years in the making, a rumored model from AUTOart for as long as I can remember is finally available for you and me. This is a Signature series model from AUTOart and rightfully so. The exterior box is typical AUTOart/Bugatti - completely blue with the Bugatti logo in full colour on the face side. Model is also numbered and comes with certificate of authenticity. Mine is number #726. I'm not sure what the total production run of this model will be. Anyone?

The exterior is a work of art, but where do I start... A deserving quote from Vincent Van Gogh that can be found on Bugatti's website: "I often think that the night is more alive and more richly coloured than the day". Carbon fiber is perfectly executed on all panels. Weave is crisp, and uniform throughout. This is a perfect match for the highly polished black exterior panels. Both work in harmony to create a sinister look but still hold the classic flow of the Veyron body lines. Front grilles, side cooling ducts and rear grilles are all fully perforated, which add to the overall realism. The rear features a two tier fully functional rear spoiler (Minichamps eat your heart out). Simple pressing on the button found on under carriage activates the spoiler to open. If I had one complaint about the exterior it would be the lack of attention to the fueling caps. Though a minor issue it could use a little more finesse.

It's nice to see that sometimes manufactures do listen. During early production pre-sample images of the Sang Noir it revealed a smaller diameter wheel that just didn't work. Thank you AUTOart for updating to a larger wheel that correctly aligns with the original car. There is a lot of detail that you can't see behind the rim, most likely attributed to my poor photography skills, lol. What you don't see in photos are the nicely painted blue calipers that are matched with carbon fiber rotors. The Bugatti logo in blue is also found centre of the wheel. Lastly what surprised me most was the gold detailing and rivets/nuts found around the brake rotor. It's there; take a closer look at your model!

The front features a lined storage compartment. Two struts on either side work in harmony to smoothly open and close the lid. The Sang Noir heart is found in the rear. The removable hatch is surprisingly easy to remove and reinstall. There are small magnets that help keep the piece in place. AUTOart does supply instructions for though that may be little weary. With the rear cover removed the heart of the beast is fully visible for the most part. What I love about AUTOart's attention to detail is not just the fine detail on the intakes but the overall picture. Tubing, reservoir tanks, grilles, spoiler engineering, and exhaust system are all eye candy for the senses. The many photos will speak for themselves.

Underneath the model the attention to detail continues. Metal base plate adds to the weight and overall solid free of the Sang Noir. The suspension components are painted silver, actually look like metal. Are they? The brake cooling and full carbon fiber rear portion add to the overall realism. Well done AUTOart!

The interior is just a sexy are the exterior. The rich tan/orange colour is a fixture throughout the dash, seats, headliner, and carpeting. It works and works as well as any colour combination I've seen to date. Centre console is accented in black and chrome. All bits seem to mimic the 1:1 car well.

An instant classic! Without hesitation I would recommend the Bugatti EB Veyron 16.4 Sang Noir from AUTOart. The model is near perfect. When you compare this piece to higher priced premium brands the clear winner and bargain is the AUTOart replica. Yes many variants of the Bugatti Veyron are available today, and thankfully more are on the way. This one my friends is a clear add for any collector, seasoned or not. Don't wait too long as I see the price on these beauties will escalate as soon as demand exceeds supply, which won't be long... Enjoy the pics!

StratosWRC

Re: REVIEW: AUTOart Bugatti EB Veyron 16.4 Sang Noir

Post by StratosWRC » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:40 pm

I should just buy 5 of these, keep them in my closet for a year or two and then sell them on ebay for exorbitant prices haha

Guleb

Post by Guleb » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:52 pm

Great review and pictures as always Kraftig! BTW would it be possible to take a picture of both together, Bleu Centenaire and Sang Noir? Is Noir so much better than Bleu?

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:55 pm

StratosWRC wrote:I should just buy 5 of these, keep them in my closet for a year or two and then sell them on ebay for exorbitant prices haha
I'm sure others already have :(

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:58 pm

Guleb wrote:Great review and pictures as always Kraftig! BTW would it be possible to take a picture of both together, Bleu Centenaire and Sang Noir? Is Noir so much better than Bleu?
Thank you. I would but the weather here in Toronto is miserable as of late. Luckily I got a quick shoot in this morning before I headed out to the gym... If I remember I will take the shots for you.

I would say the overall package works slight better with Sang Noir. Its just so cool. :clap:

Kwando

Post by Kwando » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:28 pm

What a beauty! It wins my vote for model of the year, In my opinion. It looks very aggressive but I wish the gas cap opened. I thought I saw that the recently released Mclaren MP4-12C had an opening gas cap. This will be my third Veyron this year.

J-B

Post by J-B » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:15 pm

Nice review and great photos as usual! I can't wait to get mine.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:03 pm

J-B wrote:Nice review and great photos as usual! I can't wait to get mine.
Thanks. You have email, thanks.

slows2k

Post by slows2k » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:01 pm

Fantastic model and review! This is one i can't wait to get, hopefully it'll be here next week. This Veyron will almost undoubtedly appreciate once the stock is sold through and I'm glad ill be able to get one prior to that happening. I would like to second the request for pics of the Sang Noir and the Blue Centenaire next to each other, that would be great. Two of my favorite versions of the Veyron side by side.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:33 pm

Thank you. I will try my best, weather here all l week looks like crap :(

Mikey MKIV

Post by Mikey MKIV » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:20 pm

Take pictures inside???

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:38 pm

Mikey MKIV wrote:Take pictures inside???
Always, the above is in reference to using natural lighting.

jface

Post by jface » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:26 pm

Congrats nice add!!!!

diabloex

Post by diabloex » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:23 am

Sang Noir looks like a come-back version of the Pur Sang. Overall its a very good model, but the Red/Black original color is still the more classic color..In my opinion

Return to “Model Reviews”