REVIEW: AUTOart Lamborghini Sesto Elemento

Review or compare your diecast models here. Manufacture versus manufacture or brand versus brand.
Forum rules
Welcome to the the DS "Model Reviews" forum. The rules here are quite simple. Please build your review thread with detailed information and photos as you would any other post, but please adhere to the few simple rules below. Any questions please direct to Administrators or Moderators. Thank you the DS staff.

1) ADD "REVIEW:" to the beginning of your description field
2) Separate EACH photo with 1 line spacing
[KRAFTIG]

REVIEW: AUTOart Lamborghini Sesto Elemento

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:03 pm

There has been a lot of talk about Lamborghini's latest direction when it comes to style, design, and mass appeal. One of those cars in question is the Lamborghini Sesto Elemento, meaning Sixth Element in Italian. Sesto Elemento is equipped with a 6-speed semi-automatic transmission and all wheel drive system, mated to a 5.2 litre V10 engine. The car generates 570 hp and 400 lbf·ft of torque. Motor specs aren't so impressive based on today's supercar standards. The catch here is the study of function and weight reduction, the Sesto Elemento chassis, body, drive shaft and various suspension bits are made entirely of carbon fiber, this reduces the overall weight to less than 1000 kilograms or 2,200 lb. These are similar numbers to a typical Volkswagen Polo. The replica we have here was manufactured by AUTOart, so how did they do...

The exterior of the Sesto Elemento at first glance isn't the most appealing for a Lamborghini to date. One starts to appreciate the design more on closer inspection. AUTOart did a very good job on the overall lines, execution is extremely good. One thing I would point out is the overall ride height. Photos I've seen of the actual Sesto Elemento seem to present a more aggressive stance. Though what we have from AUTOart is more than acceptable. The front windshield wipers look a little out place, to me the material used seems a little too cheap and out of place based on the overall high standards of the rest of the model.

The carbon fiber pattern is unique to the Sesto Elemento and AUTOart once again succeeded here. If you read AUTOart's article on the Sesto Elemento you know that replicating the fine weave was no easy task. Other manufactures would decide on wrapping the body panels but AUTOart went that extra mile with tampon printing. Let me tell you it is flawless! Panel gaps and shutlines are equally as good. The many photos provided will highlight the excellent results. Front fascia features perforated grilles throughout and 3D logo. Headlights and taillights are nicely detailed too. The rear removable hatch is beautifully executed; it fits firmly in place and features small magnets to keep the piece secure. The overall model is substantially heavy, it reeks of quality and craftsmanship.

The wheels on the Sesto Elemento are in line with the exterior, top notch execution. The carbon fiber wheels are beautifully replicated and mated with a highly detailed ceramic rotors and red calipers, just beautiful.

The front section of the model is sealed though the rear features a removal hatch that is very easy to remove and put back in place. Motor detail is very good, a lot of carbon fiber bits covering much of the suspension and motor components. I personally love the red accent bits and the carbon fiber exhaust tips, really sets the tone for motor. Well done AUTOart!

The Sesto Elemento interior is a work of art and AUTOart once again doesn't disappoint here. Execution of the padding to form the seats and interior trim is absolutely delicious. The craftsmanship of the fully carbon fiber dash and surrounding bits are spot on. The realism of the sport seat-belt harness is icing on the cake. Well done AUTOart!

Without a second of hesitation the AUTOart Sesto Elemento is a definite must have. Yes the overall design doesn't appeal to the masses, and the higher price point, most likely due to the R&D behind the exterior carbon fiber printing moves the model out of reach to some collector's, BUT on the flip side pushing the limits of design, function, and creativity the Sesto Elemento is a true winner! This unique piece will be looked upon in years to come as the one I let get away. Folks get yours before inventory runs dry. Enjoy the pics!

StratosWRC

Re: REVIEW: AUTOart Lamborghini Sesto Elemento

Post by StratosWRC » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:25 pm

The only two flaws I noticed so far are the printing line going diagonally across the rear bumper, and the shoddy engine detail. Beautiful piece otherwise. Love it

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:33 pm

StratosWRC wrote:The only two flaws I noticed so far are the printing line going diagonally across the rear bumper, and the shoddy engine detail. Beautiful piece otherwise. Love it
Yours have the same line too?

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:20 pm

Yep. I think its inevitable. Kinda like a seam line on clothes. There must be one somewhere no matter how hard you try to hide it.

Kwando

Post by Kwando » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:48 pm

Wonderful looking model. I like the interior the most. 3400+ units is quite a few! A little pricey too, In my opinion. But I see one sold for only 152USD in Japan, which is strange..

Mikey MKIV

Post by Mikey MKIV » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:11 pm

this has been on my list, and I still want one, but for some reason hesitation is building as this (at least from pictures) doesnt seem to be on par with other 250$ autoarts... Am I wrong?

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:21 pm

Mikey MKIV wrote:this has been on my list, and I still want one, but for some reason hesitation is building as this (at least from pictures) doesnt seem to be on par with other 250$ autoarts... Am I wrong?
It is very good, can I justify the $250 price tag, certainly not. We the fan, collector are paying for the added cost associated with the tampon printing, well this is how I see. On the flip side when compared to the sealed resin piece commanding $400-$500 this car is a bargain!

jface

Post by jface » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:23 am

Having seen kraftigs in person...the pictures don't do this model any justice. It's a beauty!!!!

Brecht

Post by Brecht » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:32 pm

Getting this one! Will be released here in Europe this month.
Thx for the review Kraftig!

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:08 pm

Brecht wrote:Getting this one! Will be released here in Europe this month.
Thx for the review Kraftig!
Good call and thank you

Eric

Post by Eric » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:07 pm

I was on the fence about the Sesto Elemento when I first saw it but it has quickly grown on me especially after seeing a few YouTube videos of it in action. I'll be picking this one up soon!

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:25 pm

Eric wrote:I was on the fence about the Sesto Elemento when I first saw it but it has quickly grown on me especially after seeing a few YouTube videos of it in action. I'll be picking this one up soon!
Same here. The TG video cemented it for me :)

Hanako

Post by Hanako » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:59 pm

Beautiful Model! However do you think it's worth it's price for it? I heard the Carbon Work is pretty neat..

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:42 pm

It's worth it when you look at it up close. As with all models though, if you don't love it from the start, you'll just end up selling it in the end, and unless I'm very wrong, that wouldn't be too bad cause this is going to be valuable as soon as production stops.

Hanako

Post by Hanako » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:43 am

Nice. Guess I'll get mine next month :p

Return to “Model Reviews”