REVIEW: AUTOart Aventador J

Review or compare your diecast models here. Manufacture versus manufacture or brand versus brand.
Forum rules
Welcome to the the DS "Model Reviews" forum. The rules here are quite simple. Please build your review thread with detailed information and photos as you would any other post, but please adhere to the few simple rules below. Any questions please direct to Administrators or Moderators. Thank you the DS staff.

1) ADD "REVIEW:" to the beginning of your description field
2) Separate EACH photo with 1 line spacing
[KRAFTIG]

REVIEW: AUTOart Aventador J

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:30 am

And a long came a concept car… this time around we have the Lamborghini Aventador J by AUTOart. Shortly after the release of the Aventador the team at Lamborghini unveiled the Aventador J Concept at the 2012 Geneva Mot Show. The roofless and windowless concept car uses the same V12 engine as the standard Aventador, producing 700 hp through a lightweight seven-speed automated transmission. Fun fact: the ‘J’ in Aventador J actually stands for Jota, in reference to a 1970s one off Lamborghini Miura Jota. So how did AUTOart do?

Our model is finished in Verde Ithaca/Metallic Green; the original concept was completed in Rosso J/Metallic Red. Due to timing of the review the Red is currently not available to collectors. The exterior lines of the replica cover the original well, AUTOart did a great job capturing the overall essence of the slick and streamline design. Though the panel gaps on my model were a little large door side and on the front hood. Though I suspect the gap of the doors are required to facilitate the proper motion of the up swinging doors. My personal favourite angle to appreciate the Aventador J design is definitely from above. So cool!

The front end of the model is executed nicely. Headlights are detailed and defined, front lower grilles are all perforated with Lamborghini logo finishing off the entire package. One thing I noticed is a ‘J’ decal fixed on either side of the lower chin spoiler positioned on the upper fin, though I did not see the same decal on images I reviewed. The rear is much the same. Taillights are replicated in true Aventador J form; again all the grille work is created with perforated metal. AUTOart went as far a replicating the same carbon material in the license plate as the original. My only call-out here is the left and right opening on either side of the Lamborghini logo the depth isn’t on par with the original, though a very minor oversight.

Wheels are beautifully crafted as in typical AUTOart form. The calipers here are painted Verde Ithaca to match the exterior along with the centre cap. Everything works and flows perfectly.

The rear motor compartment is accessed by removing the lid. No hinges here, the end user is free to remove completely. The removal hood is held is place with small magnets to ensure it doesn’t accidentally fall. What is revealed are mucho carbon fibre and the monster V12. All elements are nicely executed and fit and finish is very, very good throughout. Though I did notice all the cooling elements are found to be static on the Aventador J. Front storage compartment is equally clean. The struts and beautifully engineered hinges work flawlessly and add the level of realism we all like to see.

The interior is nicely appointed, a usual strong point with AUTOart models. The exterior paint flows nicely through the cabinet via the centre console. Seats ate nicely replicated and feature fabric and metal buckles for the seat-belts. I love the low cut glass wind defectors for driver and passenger, and the slick, aerodynamic rear view mirror. All key elements of the Aventador J.

With the large amounts of Lamborghini models available today the Aventador J might not find its way into everyone’s collection. I’m a huge fan of concept cars, and lucky to have a great selection of them in my personal collection, so this one is a must have for me. Though the model isn’t perfect as noted above the overall execution is darn good. Your current available assortment of colours includes green, black, and white with red to follow shortly. Which colour is perfect for you? Enjoy the pics!

David

Re: REVIEW: AUTOart Aventador J

Post by David » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:49 am

Thanks for the review! Can't wait to add a red one.
Though, I don't consider it as a concept since it is a road legal car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ju3fzWHp_ro

Fulgura

Post by Fulgura » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:56 am

Thank you for the review Kraftig! Looks like Autoart did another good job. I wonder why the red one is more expensive than this and black-white ones.

A windscreen and a roof can change everything. I love Aventador as much as i hate this 'J'.
Last edited by Fulgura on Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kwando

Post by Kwando » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:35 am

Great review. I would personally feel a bit silly driving this thing around since it looks like you're trying pretty hard to get draw attention to yourself, given it has no roof or windows..kinda like the Stirling Moss SLR Mclaren. I would at least have to wear a helmet. Like I'll ever have this problem lol

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:37 pm

Looks awesome, can't wait to get my red one. I read about it in evo magazine, when it was still at the Geneva show. The evo writer spent the whole night with it apparently. The next day it went to a buyer in south america I think. The buyer never saw it in person before buying it.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:45 pm

Thanks guys, just doing my part. I'm actually waiting for the red as well. The green was a donor car from a friend :)

Sanchez

Post by Sanchez » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:51 am

The chin and the butt looks way too far from the ground and looks like lowering can't be done. :?

David wrote:I don't consider it as a concept since it is a road legal car.
Quite a few concept cars are road legal and carry registration plates.

Gavin

Post by Gavin » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:27 am

Looks like a great model, but honestly the car itself doesn't do much for me.

Great color, though I think I do prefer that darker red.

jface

Post by jface » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:31 pm

Love it!!

Return to “Model Reviews”