REVIEW: OttOmobile Audi RS6 (C6) Avant

Review or compare your diecast models here. Manufacture versus manufacture or brand versus brand.
Forum rules
Welcome to the the DS "Model Reviews" forum. The rules here are quite simple. Please build your review thread with detailed information and photos as you would any other post, but please adhere to the few simple rules below. Any questions please direct to Administrators or Moderators. Thank you the DS staff.

1) ADD "REVIEW:" to the beginning of your description field
2) Separate EACH photo with 1 line spacing
[KRAFTIG]

REVIEW: OttOmobile Audi RS6 (C6) Avant

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:02 pm

When you’re thinking wagon (or in Audi’s case Avant) the ‘RS’ badge from the Audi brand is the it wagon of the moment. Leading the pack of German marquees on style, tech, and raw power the OttOmobile announcement earlier this year of the RS6 (C6) Avant brought a huge grin to my face, as my collection was lacking many models from the marquee that sport the RS badge. The Audi RS6 Avant features a massive 5.0 V10 FSI bi-turbo motor, producing a whopping 580 horses and 650 ft. lbs. of torque! So how did OttOmobile do…

The exterior of the OttOmioble replica is covered in OEM Audi Sepang Blue Metallic let me tell you its more beautiful in person than words can describe. Paint is smooth and clean throughout. The silver accent paint used around the windows and rood rails is clean for the most part, though there are a few small areas where the paint is inconsistent. Overall shape is true to the original car, I see no glaring issues. Let me tell you this thing is quite long about 11 inches in length and weight is substantial too.

With the model being a sealed resin piece shutlines and panel gaps are perfect, so perfect they are in fact better than the 1:1 – especially where the front hood meets the bumper. The front facia features the now typical Audi grille, unfortunately this model is fitted with a solid piece, no perforated bit is found here. Headlights are nicely detailed, featuring the xenon adaptive tech. If I had to point out a slight miss the lower chin spoiler (left and right fins) on the model aren’t as pronounced as the 1:1 – though this very slight detail.

Rear execution is much like the front, taillights and appropriate badging are crafted with care. A nice touch from the OttOmobile team was to include tinted windows on the model, definitely a bonus and keeps true to the original RS6 C6.

The wheels on the RS6 are known by Audi enthusiasts as peelers resembling a typical peeling tool found in your kitchen. Execution is brilliant along with the carbon rotors and massive front calipers. Well done! BUT there was a problem, the old quality woes from OttOmobile once again make an appearance, my model had some serve chipping on the driver front and rear passenger side wheels. On the plus side the after sale service from OttOmobile is better than most manufactures today, and I already have a new pair of wheels on the way. Thank you.

Interior of the Audi RS6 features the epic Recaro buckets in light grey. This theme flows to the rear and doors cards as well. The RS6 logo is also found in the headrests front and rear, but OttOmobile overlooked the Audi rings/logo centre of the steering. For the most part the interior is appointed well, and proves to replicate the original car for the most part.

The Audi RS6 Avant isn’t for everyone. But a huge German car fan like me truly knows the significance of the model here. Audi has come a long way over the last 3-4 years, the Audi RSR C6 is one of many epic wagons to come from the brand and I for one am looking to add as many to my collection as I can. I like this piece, and I think you will too. Enjoy the pics!

diecast

Re: REVIEW: OttOmobile Audi RS6 (C6) Avant

Post by diecast » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:06 am

Great review and sharing details of the model ..

Did you get the M3 as well ?

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:12 am

No, big order has yet to arrive. I'd say mid -Sept arrival.

Gavin

Post by Gavin » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:16 am

Sepang Blue... :drool:

Looks awesome. From some retailer pics, the rear track looked very narrow, but I have to say, your model looks perfect. That's what was holding me back from buying one, but looks like now, I can pull the trigger. Love it!

wrx_triggerhappy

Post by wrx_triggerhappy » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:56 am

Gorgeous color!!!! Every time I see a model from Otto I am amazed at their attention to the finer details. Just that interior shot with the clean carbon decals are honestly perfect. Very impressed!!!!

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:22 am

Lucky13 wrote:Great model. This is my dream family car. Unfortunately they are not even available in US (1:1)
Otto is one of the companies that debunks all the nonsense of some resin manufacturers charging crazy money. This hobby needs more companies like this.
Did I mention this is a great looking model...
Totally agree, though they need to still deal with quality control issues and customer service. I did receive new replacement wheels but they forgot to add the centre caps Audi logos. Another email to the team, yet no response. Its extremely frustrating having to chase down people and replacement parts! :wall:

Kwando

Post by Kwando » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:13 pm

I wish North American market is more receptive to performance wagons instead of SUVs. I think it has been shown that wagon's are generally more space efficient compared to compact SUVs but the market wants what it wants..

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:33 pm

Kwando wrote:I wish North American market is more receptive to performance wagons instead of SUVs. I think it has been shown that wagon's are generally more space efficient compared to compact SUVs but the market wants what it wants..
Naive North Americans, plus 1 for Europeans :clap:

Return to “Model Reviews”