REVIEW: Spark Williams F1 Car FW36 #77 Bottas

Review or compare your diecast models here. Manufacture versus manufacture or brand versus brand.
Forum rules
Welcome to the the DS "Model Reviews" forum. The rules here are quite simple. Please build your review thread with detailed information and photos as you would any other post, but please adhere to the few simple rules below. Any questions please direct to Administrators or Moderators. Thank you the DS staff.

1) ADD "REVIEW:" to the beginning of your description field
2) Separate EACH photo with 1 line spacing
/bp

REVIEW: Spark Williams F1 Car FW36 #77 Bottas

Post by /bp » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:42 am

Car
Manufacturer : Williams Martini Racing [Williams Grand Prix Engineering Limited]
Model Name : FW36, #77 Valtteri Bottas
Launch : 2014
Variant : Track
Production : 3
Engine : 1.6 L V6, Mercedes PU106A Hybrid Turbo
Power : ~600 bhp
Acceleration : ~
Top Speed : ~340 km/h

The Williams FW36 is a Formula One racing car designed by Williams Grand Prix Engineering to compete in the 2014 Formula One season. It was driven by Valtteri Bottas and Felipe Massa, who replaced the departing Pastor Maldonado. The FW36 was the first car built by Williams to use a Mercedes engine, a 1.6-litre V6 turbocharged engine, known as the PU106A Hybrid.

A computer-generated rendering of the car was released on 23 January, showing an extended nosecone dubbed the "anteater". The team competed under the name "Williams Martini Racing" after securing title sponsorship from the Martini & Rossi distillery, making the FW36 the first Formula One car to compete in Martini Racing colours since 1979.

The FW36 was the first turbo powered Formula One car designed and raced by Williams since the Honda powered FW11B which carried Nelson Piquet and Nigel Mansell to first and second places respectively in the 1987 World Championship.
Wikipedia

Model
Maker : Spark
Model : Williams FW36 ‘No.77 Australian GP 2014’
Edition : Standard
Code : 18S129
Scale : 1:18
Color : White

The model has near perfect stance and makes an absolute joy to look at. Ground clearance and ride height is snug. The awe-inspiring martini livery grabs all attention on first sight. The front and rear wings are the biggest and detailed features on the car. The model is delicately light once removed of the base. There no moving parts; the suspension is fixed and so are the wheels. The back of the wheels is under the aero pack. Through wheel spokes we see shape reminiscent of the disk brakes. Suspension parts carry well-detailed carbon fiber patterns. The car comes with a seated figurine perfectly proportional and does not appear to be toy-like which usually does in most f1 replicas. The helmet is translucent and appears to have face below which is a highly appreciable detail.
It is not up there with CMC or Exoto or Minichamps even, it’s a good display car none the less.

“Always Senna First”

Scores
Design and Accuracy 8/10
(How well does it resemble the parent model? Dimensions and Proportions)

Functions and Movement 1/10
(How well the model operates?)

Build Quality and Material 7/10
(How good are the materials used for the model? Mind the Aesthetics as well as Endurance)

Details 7/10
(What level of depth is expressed?)

Value for Money 7/10
(Is it worth purchasing?)

Verdict Yes
(Should I buy one?)

Audience F1 car enthusiasts
(How mad must you be to buy one?)

jpm2002

Re: REVIEW: Spark Williams F1 Car FW36 #77 Bottas

Post by jpm2002 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:20 am

Nice review, thanks! And a very good looking car aswell, that Martini livery is so nice.

I wanted to buy it when it first came out but I never did in the end for various reasons. After seeing this the temptation is there again, or for the Minichamps FW37, but I don't think it will be added to my collection.

Great model though for any F1 collection!

StratosWRC

Re: REVIEW: Spark Williams F1 Car FW36 #77 Bottas

Post by StratosWRC » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:56 am

Looks solid. I especially like the tires but all the aero addenda are very delicate

Return to “Model Reviews”