Review: Biante 2015 VF commodore Red Bull

Review or compare your diecast models here. Manufacture versus manufacture or brand versus brand.
Forum rules
Welcome to the the DS "Model Reviews" forum. The rules here are quite simple. Please build your review thread with detailed information and photos as you would any other post, but please adhere to the few simple rules below. Any questions please direct to Administrators or Moderators. Thank you the DS staff.

1) ADD "REVIEW:" to the beginning of your description field
2) Separate EACH photo with 1 line spacing
wotda

Review: Biante 2015 VF commodore Red Bull

Post by wotda » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:55 am

I have reviewed a Red Bull Racing/ triple 8 engineering VF commodore before, however this one is different for two reasons. 1: Its made from Binate and 2: its scale 1:12.

The car in question is the 2015 Bathurst 1000 winner driven by Craig Lowndes and Steven Richards.

For starters the when the model arrived the packaging looked massive compare to the packaging from 1:18 models.

Image[/URL]

Once you remove the outer sleeve your left with a premium box and a front tab that folds out so you can slide the inner box out. Inside the inner box lies the 1:12 model that is packed in 5 layers of foam!

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]

First impression of the model is that its big and heavy! The model is made from resin and sealed in order to keep the cost down.

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]

For comparison I used the the same car but in 1:18 made by classic carlectables. You can clearly see the 1:18 is dwarfed by the 1:12.

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]

The 1:12 is even bigger that the 1:18 box

Image[/URL]

Its also when comparing the binate 1:12 to the classic carlectables 1:18 you see the incorrect details applied to the 1:18. The most noticeable is the hamburger camera on the roof (the small round cylinder on the roof)), the small triangle cutout on the front side windows, no holden logo at the rear and no fuel cell lid on the binate 1:12 which is true to the real car that raced in Bathurst.

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]

The only disappointment was the undercarriage and brakes which lacked some depth and detail compare to the 1:18 version. Given its in 1:12 it would have been even easier to get more detail and depth in these areas.

Image[/URL]

Maybe this is due to the nature of resin or Binate trying to keep the cost down?

Image[/URL]

The finish and colour is very good. Very clean and no blemishes. The only quality issue I encounter was the front antenna fell off inside the box and it took me awhile to find it hidden within the layers of foam.

Image[/URL]

The overall feel of the model is its very sturdy and solid with very little fragile parts. However I have heard the wing on these tend to break very easily.

[KRAFTIG]

Re: Review: Biante 2015 VF commodore Red Bull

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:17 am

What a monster. Looks great in the photos! Resin always lack depth and excitement from the undercarriage perspective.

PS - Can you email the photos? TIA!

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:06 pm

awesome, do you have any other 1/12s?

wotda

Post by wotda » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:47 am

This is the first 1:12.

Might have a look at the FGX ford falcon in 1:12 that Binate is releasing later this year.

James3592

Post by James3592 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:20 pm

Being a Lowndes fan, I did look at getting one but I had to pass on it as I'm running out of space and of all the Lowndes cars they could have done this one isn't my favourite. Still a great model though. :)

Return to “Model Reviews”