Review: AutoArt Lamborghini Murcielago SuperVeloce

Review or compare your diecast models here. Manufacture versus manufacture or brand versus brand.
Forum rules
Welcome to the the DS "Model Reviews" forum. The rules here are quite simple. Please build your review thread with detailed information and photos as you would any other post, but please adhere to the few simple rules below. Any questions please direct to Administrators or Moderators. Thank you the DS staff.

1) ADD "REVIEW:" to the beginning of your description field
2) Separate EACH photo with 1 line spacing
HY90

Review: AutoArt Lamborghini Murcielago SuperVeloce

Post by HY90 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:18 pm

The Murcielago has always had a soft spot in my heart, as I sure it does for some of you as well. When the Super Veloce was unveiled in 2009, it took the world by storm. The excessive flares, handsome arches and the infamous SV sticker on the side all proved to be what I would all “The apex of Lamborghinis design” Originally, Lamborghini planned on making 350 models. However due to the release of the Aventador, production line was cut early on and only 186 SVs made it out the factory.

This model hails from AutoArt’s performance line and is represented in Verde Ithaca. Typical for AutoArts back in the good ol’ days, paint and finish are for the most part, excellent. There are a few misses here and there but definitely not enough to detract you from the beaut. The overall low-slung shape is presented extremely well. By far my favorite part of the SV is the rear, having drastically changed from its ‘normal’ sibling (if we can even call it that)

Moving on to what I would consider one of the most important part of a model, the rims. Like the LFA (both variants), the SV has this sort of metallic shine to it. AutoArt has delivered superior quality and finish yet again with this example. My only complain wouldn't necessarily be the model, but the real car. Never been a fan of metallic shine on rims.

Under the carbon fiber hood lies the 661 HP V12 engine. Thanks to upgrades such as revised valve timing and upgraded intake system, power is boosted quite significantly from the base LP640. All the bells and whistles of the car are presented well as are the carbon fiber prints all over the model. Typical of AutoArts, engine isn’t really an issue as it’s usually a plus point. Not to say the same for recent plastic AutoArts though. Pity.

The interior is as well as you would expect from an AutoArt. Carpeted flooring, carbon fiber details, fine stitches on the seats as well as your racing harness are all there. The carbon fiber embossed center console is one of the best i’ve seen. So well done that it trips my cameras focus out whenever I try to focus on it. Another aspect I would like to point out is the fire extinguisher. Great to see how AutoArt paid attention to even the slightest detail. Definitely not something I would expect from a Performance line model.

So there you are. Another fantastic piece by AutoArt from the good ol’ days. Full diecast, all the necessary details for a much lower price than your current composite models. This along with the 997 GT3 RS 4.0 are the best i’ve seen from their performance line thus far. Although this model does have a few years on it, It can still comfortably compare to models of recent years. Would I recommend this model? Definitely. Without any hesitation. Is it for everyone? Probably not. For me personally, it was a must have. Having a Aventador SV as well as the Diablo SV, the Murcie was definitely not in question! Now time to find a Miura SV to complete the line :)

Thanks for reading!

[KRAFTIG]

Re: Review: AutoArt Lamborghini Murcielago SuperVeloce

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:20 pm

Nice review, great photos, thanks for sharing. I believe the most critical issue with the model was the painted lower section underneath the doors, it should not be painted. Other than this is the model is quite exceptional. The last diecast SV? Possibly.

Atalante

Post by Atalante » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:04 pm

"My only complain wouldn't necessarily be the model, but the real car. Never been a fan of metallic shine on rims."

Actually the real car had black rims. The metallic shine on the model is a mistake from Autoart. Most of the AA SV have either the incorrectly painted lower section and/or the metallic shine on rims. I am pretty lucky to own one of the rare examples without these two issues. Besides this (minor In my opinion) it's a great model.

Nicadraus

Post by Nicadraus » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:33 pm

Nice review. The Murcielago line of models from AUTOart are absolutely fantastic. No other model maker did the Murcielago better in 1:18 to be honest (same goes for the Reventon coupé).

Some people would say the MR models are better which I disagree. Because majority of MR models have wrong shape and proportions which are obvious and the non-convex side windows which are also a big miss. The Murcielago SV and Reventon models by MR are no way at par with Aa's in my opinion. Plus the fact that MR is sealed with static wheels is simply boring to me. I can take the sealed part but the non-rotating wheels on a model car is just ridiculous.

Return to “Model Reviews”