REVIEW: Lamborghini Murciélago LP640 (coupé) - AUTOart

Review or compare your diecast models here. Manufacture versus manufacture or brand versus brand.
Forum rules
Welcome to the the DS "Model Reviews" forum. The rules here are quite simple. Please build your review thread with detailed information and photos as you would any other post, but please adhere to the few simple rules below. Any questions please direct to Administrators or Moderators. Thank you the DS staff.

1) ADD "REVIEW:" to the beginning of your description field
2) Separate EACH photo with 1 line spacing
Nicadraus

REVIEW: Lamborghini Murciélago LP640 (coupé) - AUTOart

Post by Nicadraus » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:17 am

I love this car. Even when the newer LP670-4 SV was released, the LP640 is just something I would still choose especially after seeing the Top Gear feature back in 2007 presented by Jeremy Clarkson. The car has power. Lots of power. 60 more horses than it's previous variant. Plus the face lift, side air intake panels, rear tail lights, bumpers, enigne cover, exhaust and wheels made it look even better.

The actual car (pics borrowed from the net).

I wanted to have a model of this car badly when I saw the TG video. But at that time there were only two options, Maisto & Norev. I quickly bought the Norev as the Maisto was such a bad model at every angle. Proportions were incorrect. Tail lights were so wrong. Wheels are out of proportions too. Interior and engine are very plastic-ky (usual Maisto). The Norev on the other hand is very decent but still had a few misses like the tail light and front boot doesn't open. The engine also has poor details but overall, the model is well made. The first release didn't have the white part on the tail lights. Norev corrected this on the later releases though. Although I modified my model (lowered front height and added carpet in the interior).

Fast forward to 2012. When AUTOart finally released their own version of the LP640, I quickly purchased one in the color I preferred for the model, Giallo Orion (metallic yellow). I bought this model for US$120 at a local store. The model is very well presented and by that time, Aa started using proper hinges (not ugly looking doglegs) for engine covers/hoods on their models which included the LP640.

Like most of my models, this one has also been modified. Added missing details on the engine, door latches and engine cover lever located below at the driver side door latch.

For this model, paint is flawless.

Interior is very well replicated. AUTOart have also added better springs to support the doors when they are fully open. Same springs installed in the Reventon model(s).

Love the details on the power window switches on the door side panels

Modified the engine bay with missing details found on the 1:1 car.

Wheels are presented well with the carbon ceramic disc brakes. Very accurate.

Tail lights, exhaust and metal mesh grills are spot on.

Some more shots.

1:43 model by HW Elite

Rating: 9/10 Accuracy, details and price.

Camera used: Panasonic Lumix LX7 and Lumix FH-25

I would highly recommend this model to all Lamborghini/supercar collectors who haven't purchased one. Unfortunately the LP640 has been discontinued by AUTOart.

[KRAFTIG]

Re: REVIEW: Lamborghini Murciélago LP640 (coupé) - AUTOart

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:54 am

NIce review and awesome photos. I agree, love this one too!

spanner

Re: REVIEW: Lamborghini Murciélago LP640 (coupé) - AUTOart

Post by spanner » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:17 pm

Dang this thing is sure lovely! And looks magnificent in the yellow! I didn't want to buy doubles of anything but I guess this not being as aggressive looking as the SV model might just make it different enough to buy. Though I did buy the Roadster version of the Aventador after already owning the coupe.. So I guess I could make the exception once again!

Return to “Model Reviews”