REVIEW: Ferrari 410 Superamerica

Review or compare your diecast models here. Manufacture versus manufacture or brand versus brand.
Forum rules
Welcome to the the DS "Model Reviews" forum. The rules here are quite simple. Please build your review thread with detailed information and photos as you would any other post, but please adhere to the few simple rules below. Any questions please direct to Administrators or Moderators. Thank you the DS staff.

1) ADD "REVIEW:" to the beginning of your description field
2) Separate EACH photo with 1 line spacing
[KRAFTIG]

Re: Ferrari 410 Superamerica

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:59 pm

A fantastic in depth review, I really learned a lot, thank you. The engine detail is quite nice, and interiors too. If Hot Wheels Elite could increase the overall appearance of the wheels the cars would be truly amazing!

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:05 pm

Agreed :)

Gavin

Post by Gavin » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:21 am

Lucky13 wrote:I am amazed at the differences between the two models. Mattel deserves a lot of Kudos for going trough the trouble of replicating both cars with all their differences, even the most subtle ones.

In conclusion, this is an amazing model that could be found at amazing price. In my opinion, this is the best model Mattel has made to date. It easily holds its own, displayed next to any brand and it actually surpasses a lot of models that cost ten times as much with ease.

If you like vintage Ferraris, buy either version and you will not regret it. I personally like the silver/black combo on 0713 better, altho they are inaccurate. If you are after authenticity, you should get the all black. Either way, you can't go wrong with the model, quality/price wise.
great & very thorough review & thanks so much for the history. Very cool that it was in Columbus, Ohio for a number of years (where I live).

I got the black one a few years ago & was really blown away by how nice it is. I was even more impressed once I saw the other versions & noticed all the detail changes among them.

LOVE this interior!

Stephan1986

Post by Stephan1986 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:31 pm

man, you got the exact two colors for the two 410s that i want to buy :)...you got style, sir ! :D

Stephan1986

Post by Stephan1986 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:07 am

the black one is doesnt bad at all :)...i kinda dont like the black roof on the silver one, but it just me :D....the champagne one is just wonderfull :)

Guleb

Post by Guleb » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:25 pm

Stunning!
Are there any differences between Mattel, Hotwheels or Hotwheels Elite, or are those same 410 Superamerica?

Missa

Post by Missa » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:14 am

Lucky13 wrote:Then I got the Gold 410 Superamerica that Mattel released later on. This was a model that I wanted since the moment it came out, because I really loved the gold paint with Burgundy interior and roof. It just looks very aristocratic and it actually really existed in that color combo. I kept putting the purchase of it off for the longest time, until Santa took care of it about two weeks ago.

The Ferrari 410 Superamerica was officially introduced at 1955’s Paris Auto Show as a naked chassis. The finished car was displayed four months later at the Brussels Motor Show. Its elegant but sober body by Pinin Farina was not unlike that seen on the design house’s five Europa GT prototypes. Most of the Ferrari 410 Superamericas had Pinin Farina coachwork. Each was tailor-made to client specifications, using the same general styling themes seen on the first, chassis 0471 SA. Horsepower increased over the series run, topping out at 400 on several cars.
Production of these, the most-exclusive Ferraris of the day, continued into 1959, and the list of Ferrari 410 Superamerica owners was a Who’s Who of the times -- from the Shah of Iran and Emperor Bao Dai to Italian industrialist Piero Barilla.

The gold one is every bit as great of a model as the first edition in silver/black and all black cars. This one however is as close to an "ordinary" 410 Superamerica as one can get. The paint is amazing and all the details are incredible. The only thing that kind of puzzles me are the wheels. They are identical in shape and design with the first edition, but are plastic moldings, where on my silver one they are aluminum and photo etch. They still look really good, but I just find it awkward that they went a different route.

I found a site where there is a similar picture colored car. The 0501SA serial number.
It's as if it were gold, only slightly duller colors. Name of the original silver-beige color. Maybe it was an existing car model. The interior is not an exact copy.
http://www.barchetta.cc/english/all.fer ... merica.htm
True, the number 0501SA series describe this car is a third series was Superamerica
https://barchetta.mediacenter.pro/-/F-1 ... 19961&l=en

Kwando

Post by Kwando » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:08 pm

Nice review! I always thought about adding a few vintage Ferraris but there are just too many good models out there.

Return to “Model Reviews”