REVIEW: Kyosho Audi R8 5.2 V10 Quattro Silver

Review or compare your diecast models here. Manufacture versus manufacture or brand versus brand.
Forum rules
Welcome to the the DS "Model Reviews" forum. The rules here are quite simple. Please build your review thread with detailed information and photos as you would any other post, but please adhere to the few simple rules below. Any questions please direct to Administrators or Moderators. Thank you the DS staff.

1) ADD "REVIEW:" to the beginning of your description field
2) Separate EACH photo with 1 line spacing
simono95

REVIEW: Kyosho Audi R8 5.2 V10 Quattro Silver

Post by simono95 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:43 am

My first 1/18 Audi model of course had to be the R8, like most the first time I seen one was in 2008's Iron Man and because of that, silver has always been my go to colour for the R8. This model from kyosho being the 5.2 V10 version is not the one in Iron Man, but the one up form that with the Lamborghini Gallardo derived V10. Kyosho have nailed this car, I'd confidently say it's the most 'life like' model in my collection, I've been lucky to see a good handful of R8's in my small country, kyosho have captured the flowing lines of the body that makes the R8 a great to stare at.

The front fascia is greatly detailed, headlights being the best part with the DRL's reflecting in the light, rear section is excellent, taillights, and the photo-etched emblems are greatly executed.

Wheels are on point and the iconic side blade done in carbon fiber is great.

The R8 is fully opening, with the interior details being top notch, carpeted trunk and interior, Kyosho as always bringing their A game with the interior and the engine bay area is great too, the nicest feature on this model is the pop up spoiler, something kyosho didn't even have to give us, but very glad they did.

Overall this is a fantastic model and I'm incredibly happy to have it in my collection, now to track down the Daytona Grey Spider version.

[KRAFTIG]

Re: Kyosho Audi R8 5.2 V10 Quattro Silver

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:53 pm

Looking good sir. I've had this model for a number of years. Unfortunately the iScale versions aren't as good execution wise as the early Kyosho pieces

karlis

Re: Kyosho Audi R8 5.2 V10 Quattro Silver

Post by karlis » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:38 pm

Looks great. What usually stops me from buying one is noticing the nasty gap between front door and front bonnet / wing. Ruins otherwise fantastic model. That said I am kind of on the lookout for my copy of R8 V10.

Return to “Model Reviews”