Looking for some advice please?

General discussions relating to all model brands and scales.
robgilmo

Looking for some advice please?

Post by robgilmo » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:02 pm

Hi, I am looking for some advice please on buying some 1:24 model cars, basically I like to buy them for my son, he plays with them, the reason being I would rather he play with a good , solid diecast toy than a cheap plastic thing that will break easily. He has a few so far, a couple of Welly Land Rovers, a VW Beetle , a Mini and one or two others.

My problem is, some of them are not really suitable, for instance wheels that steer are a big problem as they break easily. The thing is they arnt cheap and its a special thing every month on payday for the kids to have a new toy.

So, rather than buy a car and take a chance that it will be Ok to play with I thought this forum would be a good place to get some recommendations?

Opening doors, bonnets etc are good, wheels that steer are bad, detail is good, 1:24 is a good size and will match his current cars, so Im not after collector grade models, Im after detailed models that can take a bit of play abuse. The Welly ones are good, cheap and solid but I have seen one or two that might have steerable wheels?

[KRAFTIG]

Re: Looking for some advice please?

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:24 pm

Hi, welcome. First off, my best advice is to read the packaging, it will provide the appropriate age group. I'm no authority in 1:24 but anything with any sort of detail is fragile and not children approved, in short, these are not toys.

Return to “General Discussion”