Resin reissues

General discussions relating to all model brands and scales.
Skyler

Resin reissues

Post by Skyler » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:27 am

Does anyone know if any of the resin companies have ever reissued sold out cars? This should be an easier thing to do than if they were dealing with diecast metal. Many companies like to number the cars as if they are limited editions. I,for one,never cared about limited editions. Its not going to make me buy something I otherwise would not. I buy based on if I like what I see. It seems to me if something sells out,especially quickly,this would indicate there is still money to be made for the company. What would be the reasoning for permanently discontinuing a popular seller in a popular color anyway? Though this could result in a high resale value based on scarcity,that doesnt make the original manufacturer any more money.

[KRAFTIG]

Re: Resin reissues

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:27 pm

Some do and some don't. One model that recently comes to mind is the 1:18 Spark Yellow Bird. It has gone back into production at least three times since its introduction. Also, product licensees come into play... Sometimes its not cost effective to re-issue based on possible job lot. One thing o keep in mind, a model is only worth what one is willing to pay, just because X says it worth $1000 doesn't necessarily mean its even worth $100. Patience is key in this hobby...

Return to “General Discussion”