Building a Diecast Company?

General discussions relating to all model brands and scales.
Wbgoode77

Building a Diecast Company?

Post by Wbgoode77 » Tue May 14, 2019 5:30 pm

Let’s be frank, the only thing I know about building a diecast company is that it’s been done and it’s not impossible. I have what I feel is a vision that will be wildly successful and the passion to make it happen. Eleven years ago I didn’t know anything about employee benefits, but over the past decade I’ve been a top qualifier several times and have had a fairly successful run in the industry. I’m now ready to channel that enthusiasm into something I’m passionate about and I can only imagine the sky’s the limit. Unfortunately, I’ll be starting at the bottom from a knowledge perspective and need this community to help catapult me into bringing this vision to a reality. Where I think everyone can help is process, knowledge, and direction. I understand that I…need a CAD drawing (I personally am not trained in CAD), probably need a prototype to check fitment, etc. (I don’t have a 3D printer…nor know how to use one), will need a manufacturer once I have the aforementioned items. Where does one go and what resources would one use to figure all these dynamics out? I’m sure there are numerous members of this forum that are business owners and maybe more importantly a diecast business owner…this note is especially directed to you. The advice and insight you guys (and girls) could potentially provide will likely be immensely helpful. I’d even entertain a joint venture, partnership, or other mutually advantageous arrangement if it makes sense. I plan to be fully vested into this endeavor and arm myself with the knowledge to bring my vision to a reality.

All that said, what are your thoughts? How do I take my vision and put it into motion?

[KRAFTIG]

Re: Building a Diecast Company?

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Tue May 14, 2019 8:25 pm

I have no idea what is required on the whole. Experience it what you mentioned is a must. I would also note if you're not close proximity wise from the China market, this for production sake it will make start-up even more challenging. It seems everyone can start a scale model brand these days, even more so since the resin train has become the norm. I would tread softly, walk before you run. Good luck!

Return to “General Discussion”