“Buying model cars is a complete waste of money”

General discussions relating to all model brands and scales.
seppuku

“Buying model cars is a complete waste of money”

Post by seppuku » Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:35 pm

Tell them think again....

There’s money to be made, son....:)

[KRAFTIG]

Re: “Buying model cars is a complete waste of money”

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:06 pm

I know this is different for all, I'm not in this hobby for the money, nothing but the passion and love for cars.

It really surprises me what some will pay for a model. I know where my boundaries are defined. What the history on the $1,100 Ferrari?

seppuku

Post by seppuku » Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:39 pm

[KRAFTIG] wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:06 pm
It really surprises me what some will pay for a model. I know where my boundaries are defined. What the history on the $1,100 Ferrari?
I purchased it from a collector in Japan about 7-8 years ago...I never asked if it was commissioned for him by the builder....

At the time, I also decided to buy his plainbody red version, which I’m keeping (Unless the right price comes along)... :lol:

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:25 pm

Nice. I like the plain version better! :love:

Castbub Cartung

Post by Castbub Cartung » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:09 pm

As someone who is new to this hobby that comment is always funny. Like George Best so eloquently said once, "I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." Just like putting these beautiful replicas on our shelves and in our cases is an act of loving life. If one can buy enjoyment with money, personally I consider that cheap.

Literally just spent huge (for me) on eBay and elsewhere for a tranche of cars (Schuco 1:18 Series T1 Buses) I've been wanting ever since I saw a couple of them and it is already worth it. Yes, there is money in this hobby, just proved that. However, I'll go to my grave content I got the better end of the deal.

Just thought the title of this thread was interesting and had to comment as a new guy that just rang it up for the first time.

Cheers all, really tremendous resource you all have here. I've already got the CMC Jones thanks to some of your pictures...

VermillionRed

Post by VermillionRed » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:54 pm

I have lots of diecast models from more than two decades of collecting. The only thing that annoys me is that some of the competition cars over time change in appearance like decals cracking or yellowing . Despite keeping them in controlled temperature and original boxes away from sunlight.

Return to “General Discussion”