Post Your Latest DIECAST Purchase

General discussions relating to all model brands and scales.
[KRAFTIG]

Re: Post Your Latest DIECAST Purchase

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:44 pm

Congrats Dennis! I have no issue with the spoiler, but the spring action is quite stiff which may cause what you're experiencing. Yes my wheels are stiff too. I scored #501 of 1000.

Latest add:

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:21 pm

Very nice guys. My next purchase won't be a model but another display case from IKEA because I ran out of room lol.

Pre-ordered that Bugatti with Tomotorsports.com, just to re-sell it on ebay in a while or something, but it's like you said, getting one in Canada is impossible. I had two brief chances to buy it but no money at the time. Stupid student lifestyle.

KRAFTIG, when's the 599XX review coming. AND HEY, doesn't that count as a liveried car??!! Gasp!

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:27 pm

KRAFTIG, when's the 599XX review coming. AND HEY, doesn't that count as a liveried car??!! Gasp!
HA! ASAP. I have to write-up the Bugatti SS WRC firsst (have the pics but no time to put the review together). Also not a lot of opportunity for some good natural lighting to take any pics these days... Oh where is spring! :wall:

What livery? :nt:

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:25 pm

Tell me about it. I'm sick and tired of this cold, sunless winter.

Makinen

Post by Makinen » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:16 am

Kwando wrote:I sent off one transkit and M3 to Steph Replicars in France. His projects look great so I have no doubt he'll deliver.

https://www.facebook.com/steph.corzani" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sorry to ask a n00bish question but you're sending the kit to someone who makes it for you and sends it back?

The reason I ask is I finally want to get into building model cars and have ordered my very first one:

If things don't go to plan, then I might send them out to be made if it is possible. There are so many cars that were only made in a plastic model especially from Tamiya and Hasegawa. My next purchase if the first one goes well would be the Tamiya Evolution V Rally Car.

Kwando

Post by Kwando » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:35 am

Makinen wrote:Sorry to ask a n00bish question but you're sending the kit to someone who makes it for you and sends it back?
I mean I sent the kit to someone who will make a custom model for me. I know I would screw it up if I attempted it myself.

Makinen

Post by Makinen » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:00 pm

aha... I get you now! Cool!

I can't wait for my plastic model to arrive. I just hope I don't screw it up :S

Brecht

Post by Brecht » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:03 pm

Took delivery today of these 3 sparks 1:43

Mikey MKIV

Post by Mikey MKIV » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:15 am

ahhhh memories, i have built hundreds as well, my best works were 1/24 tamaiya supras that I scratch built single/twin turbo kits for

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:47 pm

Got inspired by KRAFTIG's recent BBR's 512BB acquisition and splurged out on one I always wanted myself.

Also got this 910 by Exoto for $100, which is an insanely good deal. Local buy too. I used to have one in black, which I never liked, but then it got damaged and I had to get rid of it. Now I can have a proper racing example.

Both ebay purchases.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:13 pm

Two nice adds! You definitely won't regret the BBR model, absolutely outstanding!

Makinen

Post by Makinen » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:19 pm

Lucky13 wrote:
Makinen wrote:aha... I get you now! Cool!

I can't wait for my plastic model to arrive. I just hope I don't screw it up :S
I used to be big time into plastic kits and have literally built hundreds of them. I am also two time national champion in US for building models.
When you receive your kit, I'll be happy to give you some pointers and guide you in the right direction. Building models is a great hobby and it has relaxing powers on me. But I have met my share of people who don't get into it just because of the frustration that comes with it in the beginning. So any questions you have, feel free to PM and ask. I'll be glad to help if I can. :manual:
Thank you so much! I will definitely need your help. I am not the most patient person which is why I have decided to work on that. I need to learn to focus a little more :doh:

BMW Fan

Post by BMW Fan » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:08 pm

I was originally going to flip this and make some quick profit, but it's too beautiful :drool: . I'm keeping it......

Kwando

Post by Kwando » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:31 pm

Good idea!

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:48 pm

BMW Fan wrote:I was originally going to flip this and make some quick profit, but it's too beautiful :drool: . I'm keeping it......
I know what you mean. I did that with three of my models recently.

Return to “General Discussion”