Post Your Latest DIECAST Purchase

General discussions relating to all model brands and scales.
groupCin1.43

Re: Post Your Latest DIECAST Purchase

Post by groupCin1.43 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:52 pm

Atalante wrote:
groupCin1.43 wrote:So, after much internal debate I finally got Zondified with this:

Thanks to Mac47 for this insightful review: http://www.diecastsociety.com/review-au ... evolucion/

Mac47's closing paragraph and his remarks regarding "shelf presence" helped me to decide that this is the Zonda for my collection.

Love the pearl white and the downward slant from back to front, gives the car an aggressive look. Grabs my eye even from across the room.
Nice one! I also chose the white/black Revo over the black/blue carbon precisely because of the greater shelf presence. And I did not regret the decision.
Fist bump for you my friend. :beer:

Guleb

Post by Guleb » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:59 am

It's here, it's here :clap:
My holly grail :drool:

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:34 am

I love it! Mine is on the water, air, should arrive this week I hope! I love the retro design and colour combination here. Nicely done GTS!

wotda

Post by wotda » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:07 am

Guleb wrote:It's here, it's here :clap:

Is that the singer 911?

wotda

Post by wotda » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:08 am

Gavin wrote:
wotda wrote:Image[/URL]
had no clue that Volvo was even in that series (haven't watched a race in years)....looks awesome though.

Great additions all around, gents! :rockon:
Yep Volvo in the series, but this year will be the last.

Guleb

Post by Guleb » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:21 am

wotda wrote:Is that the singer 911?
Yep!
EDIT: Sorry, it is Porsche 911 (964) reimagined by Singer Automotive :D

Gavin

Post by Gavin » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:38 pm

Guleb wrote:It's here, it's here :clap:
oh man...I've been a bit out of the loop on new releases. Didn't realize these were out already.

Headed to my source this morning after I saw this post & they had them in stock. :woot: Glad I pulled the trigger because 4 hours later, they're gone! Hope mine comes through!! :fingercrossed:

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:05 pm

The singer does look really great. If a diecast ever comes out (most likely won't), I might get one

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:54 pm

StratosWRC wrote:The singer does look really great. If a diecast ever comes out (most likely won't), I might get one
Mine just arrived. The colour is truly brilliant! GTS has their painting done to a fine art. Just wow! Review to come!

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:20 pm

Today I'm pretty excited cause my holiest of grails, the whale of grails, has arrived. The Exoto 917/30 Mark Donohue Sunoco car.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:22 pm

Congrats. Why is it a grail car?

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:06 pm

I have a book on Mark Donohue and he's on the cover in this same car. Back when I first started buying Exotos, I used to look at pics of this one and dreamt of adding it some day. The detail is insane. The car itself had like 1000 hp, and the driver had a knob he would turn to increase boost and turn the power up to 1200 hp+. That's in a car that weighs less than a shoe lol. The flat 12 engine is crazy. It won in Can-Am, not sure what year, and nothing else could touch it. It's a monster and the model does it justice. Remember that holy grail thread you made? This was mine.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:35 pm

Great info Wes, I see the appeal. Can't wait to se the detailed photos!

groupCin1.43

Post by groupCin1.43 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:27 pm

StratosWRC wrote:I have a book on Mark Donohue and he's on the cover in this same car. Back when I first started buying Exotos, I used to look at pics of this one and dreamt of adding it some day. The detail is insane. The car itself had like 1000 hp, and the driver had a knob he would turn to increase boost and turn the power up to 1200 hp+. That's in a car that weighs less than a shoe lol. The flat 12 engine is crazy. It won in Can-Am, not sure what year, and nothing else could touch it. It's a monster and the model does it justice. Remember that holy grail thread you made? This was mine.
The year you are referring to is 1973. It certainly would've won even more but Can-Am's organizers imposed a fuel limit on turbocharged cars to effectively stop the Porsche 917/30.

Congratulations on your holiest of grails. Beautiful car, real life and the model!

I hope to add my own grail one day which is the Gulf liveried 917 McQueen drove in the movie LeMans. In the meantime, I'll just live vicariously through your enthusiasm. :okay:

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:15 pm

groupCin1.43 wrote: The year you are referring to is 1973. It certainly would've won even more but Can-Am's organizers imposed a fuel limit on turbocharged cars to effectively stop the Porsche 917/30.

Congratulations on your holiest of grails. Beautiful car, real life and the model!

I hope to add my own grail one day which is the Gulf liveried 917 McQueen drove in the movie LeMans. In the meantime, I'll just live vicariously through your enthusiasm. :okay:
Thanks for the info! Are you looking for the Gulf 917 in 1/43?

Return to “General Discussion”