Post Your Latest DIECAST Purchase

General discussions relating to all model brands and scales.
David

Re: Post Your Latest DIECAST Purchase

Post by David » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:35 pm

Oh yeah baby !!

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:14 pm

Nice David! Post pics please!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm seriously considering this one as well, love the blue interior! :love:

David

Post by David » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:22 pm

Dave, this is the one to have !! I'm blown away. This Veyron is out of this world. Simple as that.
Carbon blue is close second but you can't top la Merveilleuse. There is too much awesomeness.

My favourite car of the year.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:55 pm

David wrote:Dave, this is the one to have !! I'm blown away. This Veyron is out of this world. Simple as that.
Carbon blue is close second but you can't top la Merveilleuse. There is too much awesomeness.

My favourite car of the year.
Thanks David, I trust your opinion. Most likely an add when available in North America. :okay:

Guleb

Post by Guleb » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:17 am

I've sourced another rally icon :)

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:17 pm

Guleb wrote:I've sourced another rally icon :)
Very nice. Is it by AutoArt?

Guleb

Post by Guleb » Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:05 pm

Yes, Autoart 80890 as Prodrive S12b reincarnation.

franklemire

Post by franklemire » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:11 pm

In praise of the AUTOart 'D' Type Jaguar

No photos from me on this car, You can find photo spreads out there that are better than anything I can do.Instead I want to share my observations on what I think is a watershed model.

First off this is not just a long nosed version of the model they released 10 years ago. This model has a higher level of detail and refinement inside and out. It seems to be a broken record at this point to say that AUTOart models have excellent fit and finish but they do and it is always a happy day for me when I get a car where everything fits properly and also opens and closes the way it should. And make no mistake, they enclose that door opening tool for a reason, the seams on this car are uniform and tight.

You also get latches for the bonnet the boot and the panel over the passenger seat and they all work flawlessly. The secret to their success is that the latches just secure the panels in place they are not required to pull the panels shut. I don't know how they get their diecast pieces to fit so well, or how many parts they have to reject at the factory to achieve this level of precision, but I do know that every 'signature series' model I have gotten in the last two years has uniformly excellent fit.

These cars, shipping included, can be had for almost exactly what Exoto was charging several years ago for models like their Cobra roadsters, GS Corvettes & Ford GT's and the quality is equivalent to those pre-XS 'Racing Legend' models. If this model is somewhat less complex, in some instances, than some of those models it is only because the actual D Type Jaguar was a less complex car than say an actual MKIV Ford GT. What you get instead of that more complex power train and suspension of the Exoto Ford are working latches, excellent execution of molded plastic pieces and crystal clear 'glazing'.

AUTOart is not immune to errors, the tires on the MKI Jaguar XKE are a vivid example of that, but no such flaws can be seen here. This cars stance, paint color, tire height & width all look to be 'spot on' and CMC should look at this car and take note - this is how you do rivets!

No, it is not the equal of the Exoto Jaguar. The Exoto Jaguar is really a step beyond diecast and part of a whole new class of 18th scale replicas. Indeed Exoto has moved to a place where their models cannot really be used as a measuring stick for diecast cars, something that we did use in the past with their 'Racing Legend' line of cars.

I would contend that in today's market, the AUTOart 'Signature Series' line of cars are the new 'benchmark' to judge other diecast cars against and this new 'long nose' Jaguar 'D' Type is an excellent example of 'the state of the art'.

Makinen

Post by Makinen » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:43 pm

Guleb wrote:I've sourced another rally icon :)

LOVE IT! I have the same one too! I wish I had the 2006 version as I prefer the hood on that for the hawkeye Impreza's.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:23 pm

1:18 Hot Wheels Deora II

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:08 pm

franklemire wrote:In praise of the AUTOart 'D' Type Jaguar

No photos from me on this car, You can find photo spreads out there that are better than anything I can do.Instead I want to share my observations on what I think is a watershed model.

First off this is not just a long nosed version of the model they released 10 years ago. This model has a higher level of detail and refinement inside and out. It seems to be a broken record at this point to say that AUTOart models have excellent fit and finish but they do and it is always a happy day for me when I get a car where everything fits properly and also opens and closes the way it should. And make no mistake, they enclose that door opening tool for a reason, the seams on this car are uniform and tight.

You also get latches for the bonnet the boot and the panel over the passenger seat and they all work flawlessly. The secret to their success is that the latches just secure the panels in place they are not required to pull the panels shut. I don't know how they get their diecast pieces to fit so well, or how many parts they have to reject at the factory to achieve this level of precision, but I do know that every 'signature series' model I have gotten in the last two years has uniformly excellent fit.

These cars, shipping included, can be had for almost exactly what Exoto was charging several years ago for models like their Cobra roadsters, GS Corvettes & Ford GT's and the quality is equivalent to those pre-XS 'Racing Legend' models. If this model is somewhat less complex, in some instances, than some of those models it is only because the actual D Type Jaguar was a less complex car than say an actual MKIV Ford GT. What you get instead of that more complex power train and suspension of the Exoto Ford are working latches, excellent execution of molded plastic pieces and crystal clear 'glazing'.

AUTOart is not immune to errors, the tires on the MKI Jaguar XKE are a vivid example of that, but no such flaws can be seen here. This cars stance, paint color, tire height & width all look to be 'spot on' and CMC should look at this car and take note - this is how you do rivets!

No, it is not the equal of the Exoto Jaguar. The Exoto Jaguar is really a step beyond diecast and part of a whole new class of 18th scale replicas. Indeed Exoto has moved to a place where their models cannot really be used as a measuring stick for diecast cars, something that we did use in the past with their 'Racing Legend' line of cars.

I would contend that in today's market, the AUTOart 'Signature Series' line of cars are the new 'benchmark' to judge other diecast cars against and this new 'long nose' Jaguar 'D' Type is an excellent example of 'the state of the art'.
reading this, I have to say, I can't wait to get mine

gapjc

Post by gapjc » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:58 pm

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

picked up these 7 models this afternoon!

Sanchez

Post by Sanchez » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:28 am

But why?

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:40 am

Sanchez wrote:But why?
Some of us are completionists and get every colour. Saves the decision making. I don't, but then again I'm a student so I neither have the space or the money haha. I'm forced to decide, though truth be told, I would only want two of the same model if they were different liveries or something, never colours.

Stu935

Post by Stu935 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:35 am

I've just bought one of these, #1 1986 Blaupunkt 962. Limited to 300. It's a Spark model exclusive to Raceland

Hopefully it will arrive sometime between christmas and New Year

Stu

Return to “General Discussion”