Post Your Latest DIECAST Purchase

General discussions relating to all model brands and scales.
[KRAFTIG]

Re: Post Your Latest DIECAST Purchase

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:36 am

Weha wrote:
Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:26 pm
Hi Kraftig,
I'm waiting for AR to send me back a packing slip for the send back. I indicated to them that I would like to have another model once it becomes available. To the defense of AR, getting rear clamshell to close perfectly is quite a challenge. I suspect the mounting is not well aligned.
I'm not quite sure how to attach a quick video and pictures that I took off of my phone...

Is there a general e-mail account that I may forward to you?
That rear hatch is spring load, and I believe this is the reason why. Based on the total surface it covers they wanted to ensure the best possible shutlines. Good that they are replacing it. No need to forward the video.

Weha

Post by Weha » Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:05 pm

Kraftig,
Did you review a prototype C-X75?
If the rear decklid is spring loaded, there would be a release button and a catch. There is no evidence of such an assembly, so spring loaded it is not. From what I have observed, the design is a very minimal dog leg hinge.

Do you have a image of this spring load assembly, the catch or the button which should be present?
Thanks!
-WS

Weha

Post by Weha » Fri Oct 28, 2022 12:08 pm

Hi Kraftig,
I wound up sending some pics & a small video through FB messenger...just thought I'd share.
-WS

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Fri Oct 28, 2022 12:55 pm

Weha wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 12:08 pm
Hi Kraftig,
I wound up sending some pics & a small video through FB messenger...just thought I'd share.
-WS
Yes, we heard from FB lead. Thanks

Not very much of a gap but I do understand how it would leave you upset. Nice to hear they will take care of you!

Weha

Post by Weha » Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:05 pm

They did get back to me with a return slip. While unfortunate, this experience does not make me feel sour. While I do enjoy the model, I will be even more looking forward to the replacement. This car would be the first Jaguar to my small collection. I've heard some banter here and there that AR also was responsible the BBR's diecast LaFerrari. While the detail isn't to the same degree of intensity, it is quite hard to pull of the Jaguar with what little info is available on it. The tolerances apart from the driver side of the deck lid are quite nice! That clam shell detail is quite hard to pull off. From a Maisto, I would not be bothered so much. Even so, it is a good build. Bad things happen. We move forward.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:55 am

Yes, I agree, there are some exceptions we can live with and others we cannot.
that AR also was responsible for the BBR's diecast LaFerrari.
Yes, this is true. Though not sure if the latest batch is...

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:32 pm

KengFai New Audi RS7 Sportback 2021 - Red

Never tired of adding an RS Audi. $170US shipped, not bad! :money: :money:

SPhilli911

Post by SPhilli911 » Tue Nov 01, 2022 3:30 pm

Ended up exchanging my defective GT Spirit RS America model for a new one and sadly the new one also has an issue with the windshield. I am not willing to try a third time, but honestly this one isn't terrible I will live. I will do some research, maybe there is a safe way to remove the windshield and re-fit it better.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:41 pm

The perils of resin and sealed. Did you read the review on POP RACE Singer? They actually used the same glass on their resin and sealed as other brands would use on full opening. First time ever did we see this!

DisposableApple

Post by DisposableApple » Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:15 am

The one that started it all

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat Nov 05, 2022 2:18 pm

Great addition, a well-executed piece for sure.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat Nov 05, 2022 2:24 pm

Two adds this week; something about the GTS Porsche 911 RSR Tribute by Yamancouchi-San car I love. Such raw emotions, and that's what usually drives most of my buying decisions. Also, added the Bburago Signature Ferrari SF90. They asked me to review it!

SPhilli911

Post by SPhilli911 » Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:03 pm

Picked up a 1/18 Porsche 992 GT3 Touring from Norev. I might be wrong, but I don’t think this model has been officially released or maybe it was released in other markets? Retailers I am familiar with say early 2023 release. In any case I took a risk and ordered it on Ebay from China, but I am pleasantly surprised about the quality of the model. The paint is flawless and a gorgeous shade of blue and you can never complain about a model with opening parts for a good price.

Sorry for low quality photo, my good camera is buried in boxes after a move. :shame:

Gavin

Post by Gavin » Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:11 pm

I saw pics of the non Touring on another site...it looked VERY good. This spec looks just about perfect to me.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:37 am

Not sure if is was or not. It does look great! I'm missing so many modern Porsches in hopes AUTOart would execute them. I might have to start collecting some of the budget-friendly stuff. More than solid placeholders for sure!

Return to “General Discussion”