Post Your Latest DIECAST Purchase

General discussions relating to all model brands and scales.
leech2

Re: Post Your Latest DIECAST Purchase

Post by leech2 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:50 am

DisposableApple wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:46 am
My retail therapy is still ongoing. Next up is McLaren 600LT by LCD Models. I'm not a huge fan of modern cars but my retail therapy could not be stopped so I decided to just go for it. This is also my first model by LCD Models and it is a perfection all around. Easily blows the competition out of water.
That looks REALLY good. I am not a massive supercar/hypercar fan myself though. I prefer it when companies take their regular cars and turn them into something crazy, hence my above Kyosho purchase. Plus I am kind of a BMW fanboy :woot:

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:36 am

Yes, LCD Model did a great job on the above no doubt. It's not perfect, though the interior side is delicious for lack of a better word.

DisposableApple

Post by DisposableApple » Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:43 am

leech2 wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:50 am
That looks REALLY good. I am not a massive supercar/hypercar fan myself though. I prefer it when companies take their regular cars and turn them into something crazy, hence my above Kyosho purchase. Plus I am kind of a BMW fanboy :woot:
I'm more inclined to buy more BMWs from Kyosho's golden era as I recently began to appreciate Bangle's designs (I used to find them abominable). I wish they had made M5 Touring though :cry:

leech2

Post by leech2 » Wed Oct 12, 2022 1:31 am

DisposableApple wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:43 am
leech2 wrote:
I'm more inclined to buy more BMWs from Kyosho's golden era as I recently began to appreciate Bangle's designs (I used to find them abominable). I wish they had made M5 Touring though :cry:
DisposableApple wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:43 am
leech2 wrote:
Compared to what they are doing now, bangle's design is quite good.

DisposableApple

Post by DisposableApple » Wed Oct 12, 2022 12:17 pm

leech2 wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 1:31 am
Compared to what they are doing now, bangle's design is quite good.
True. Even those who don't like Bangle's works in the slightest seem to think today's monstrosities don't even compare to any previous models :lol: 7 Series with two-tone paint is the worst offender in my opinion.

DisposableApple

Post by DisposableApple » Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:26 am

I bought Gallardo Polizia because it has the best color/wheel combo in my opinion. Need For Speed Hot Pursuit nostalgia somewhat factored in as well.
I'm absolutely in love with additional details exclusive to this variant 😍
Sadly it's developing paint rashes on its rear fenders 😢

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:07 am

Going way back AUTPart here. Neat add!

SPhilli911

Post by SPhilli911 » Tue Oct 18, 2022 7:11 pm

At last, I have completed my “Porsche 911 RS” 1/18 scale collection with the addition of a 964 Carrera RS America from GT Spirit. I set out about a decade ago to collect each Porsche 911 which has the “RS” designation and fortunately each real car has now been made in scale model form to date, not including a few super obscure cars and of course the newest car.

I will try to take a picture of all of them soon. There are currently 20 RS models, not including the RSR racing variants, only the road cars.

HOWEVER! The typical poor quality of GTS models strikes again. Most issues I can live with, but this time the front window is too large and it is warped quite badly. I am not sure what to do, try to fix it and risk damaging it further or just sell it as is and get another? I don't feel like contacting the company will result in much. :wall:

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Tue Oct 18, 2022 7:21 pm

Lovely addition. Sorry to hear about the front windshield, that sucks! What is the Model# on this piece?

stevenmweiner

Post by stevenmweiner » Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:56 pm

I don't know about you, but I'm getting damn sick and tired of how carelessly so many of these models are made these days (by a NUMBER of model makers, not just GT Spirit)! I hold my breath every time I open the box after receiving any models now, even the high priced ones! :x

SPhilli911

Post by SPhilli911 » Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:09 am

[KRAFTIG] wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 7:21 pm
Lovely addition. Sorry to hear about the front windshield, that sucks! What is the Model# on this piece?
Do you mean the number on the plaque under the model? I believe it is 534/999, or something around there.
stevenmweiner wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:56 pm
I don't know about you, but I'm getting damn sick and tired of how carelessly so many of these models are made these days (by a NUMBER of model makers, not just GT Spirit)! I hold my breath every time I open the box after receiving any models now, even the high priced ones! :x
Yes, I feel the same way, but ESPECIALLY for GT Spirit models. I knew this latest model would have some sort of issue, because they ALWAYS do. GTS models aren't exactly cheap, either, so I don't think it is acceptable to purchase and cross your fingers it will be tolerable quality.

That said, I will be ordering a new model soon and cutting my losses selling this one with the defected window to someone who might be able to fix it. Sadly, that means I will be taking a gamble on a new model hoping it is good quality.

Sorry, don't mean to rant. :lol:

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:44 am

Do you mean the number on the plaque under the model? I believe it is 534/999, or something around there.
No, the assigned model#, like GT283

SPhilli911

Post by SPhilli911 » Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:47 am

[KRAFTIG] wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:44 am
No, the assigned model#, like GT283
Ah, sorry about that, it's GT385.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Wed Oct 19, 2022 2:20 pm

No worries, thanks!!

DisposableApple

Post by DisposableApple » Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:44 am

Hand reveal 😅
Last edited by DisposableApple on Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Discussion”