Post Your Latest DIECAST Purchase

General discussions relating to all model brands and scales.
[KRAFTIG]

Re: Post Your Latest DIECAST Purchase

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:12 pm

ATEOTD wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:39 pm
Okay, plot twist. Something odd is going on.

I received that model yesterday. I had ordered it from an eBay seller, but the tracking still shows the package is in transit. I'm not sure what's going on.

The package I received didn't have any invoice, or anything that showed how to contact the sender, except the return address. I'm not sure what to do. Someone appears to have sent me a Zonda I didn't order. :?
Start processing your case with eBay immediately. Good luck

ATEOTD

Post by ATEOTD » Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:49 pm

[KRAFTIG] wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:12 pm
ATEOTD wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:39 pm
Okay, plot twist. Something odd is going on.

I received that model yesterday. I had ordered it from an eBay seller, but the tracking still shows the package is in transit. I'm not sure what's going on.

The package I received didn't have any invoice, or anything that showed how to contact the sender, except the return address. I'm not sure what to do. Someone appears to have sent me a Zonda I didn't order. :?
Start processing your case with eBay immediately. Good luck
Start processing it how? Who do I contact for something like this? I've never seen a situation like this. I'm not even sure this mystery sender is even connected with eBay.

I have reached out to the seller, asking if they know anything, but they haven't responded yet.

EDIT: My goodness, eBay sure makes contacting them a chore. I don't think my situation fits under any of their options.

EDIT 2: I looked up the return address. It's in New Jersey, and there is some sort of shipping company there. I also looked up the tracking number on the box that arrived (which is different from the one provided through eBay). They both shipped the same day.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:33 pm

Again, you purchased this through eBay? If yes, you should be to find simple direction under your recent purchases, click on item and open dispute.

ATEOTD

Post by ATEOTD » Wed Oct 18, 2023 1:09 pm

Again, I don’t know who this mystery sender is. It seems logical that it is connected to the purchase I made through eBay, but it looks like something is still in transit.

SPhilli911

Post by SPhilli911 » Wed Oct 18, 2023 3:07 pm

Sounds to me like the item was shipped through a forwarding service, maybe one that handles shippments on behalf of the seller. Was it international? Would explain the multiple tracking numbers but then again the tracking would still show item delivered to the forwarding company.

Did you get charged for 2 models? Otherwise, is there an issue that needs to be resolved? You did receive a model you purchased on ebay, regardless of what tracking is telling you.

Gavin

Post by Gavin » Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:12 pm

SPhilli911 wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 3:07 pm
Did you get charged for 2 models? Otherwise, is there an issue that needs to be resolved? You did receive a model you purchased on ebay, regardless of what tracking is telling you.
exactly what I was thinking. No need to make it an issue, if you received a model that you paid for. If you happen to receive a 2nd one, then there's an issue.

ATEOTD

Post by ATEOTD » Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:15 pm

SPhilli911 wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 3:07 pm
Sounds to me like the item was shipped through a forwarding service, maybe one that handles shippments on behalf of the seller. Was it international? Would explain the multiple tracking numbers but then again the tracking would still show item delivered to the forwarding company.

Forwarding service seems likely, as it was sent from China and the return address is that of a shipping company called 4PX, in New Jersey.

I was not charged more than once.

Well, thanks for the suggestions, guys! I'll see what I can do.

EDIT: Mystery solved! The seller wrote back confirming there are two packages. I don't know what's in the second, but at least I have my answer.

SPhilli911

Post by SPhilli911 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:33 am

I was in a similar situation a few months back, ordered a model from China and received the model just fine but also a second random item a week later from the same seller... think it was a cell phone cover. It was a head scratcher but it's possible it was a "scam" for sellers to generate a tracking number for whatever reason.

I looked it up at the time, but didn't take an action on it. Typically, I don't like to buy international because of things like this.

Marcel171281

Post by Marcel171281 » Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:39 am

These 2 arrived yesterday. More pics to follow in due time in my collection topic.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:37 am

Nice. Who made SP3?

Marcel171281

Post by Marcel171281 » Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:27 pm

[KRAFTIG] wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:37 am
Nice. Who made SP3?
BBR.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:47 pm

Marcel171281 wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:27 pm
[KRAFTIG] wrote:
Nice. Who made SP3?
BBR.
What colour? I just got the Red Magma. To be honest, it's too dark for me, likely selling it. Looking for the more traditional Ferrar Red. Though it was sold out at the time of ordering. Patience is key, I'll wait for them to action another batch :fingercrossed:

Marcel171281

Post by Marcel171281 » Sun Oct 22, 2023 5:07 pm

[KRAFTIG] wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:47 pm
Marcel171281 wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:27 pm
[KRAFTIG] wrote:
Nice. Who made SP3?
BBR.
What colour? I just got the Red Magma. To be honest, it's too dark for me, likely selling it. Looking for the more traditional Ferrar Red. Though it was sold out at the time of ordering. Patience is key, I'll wait for them to action another batch :fingercrossed:
Mine is also Red Magma. I really like it, colour really comes alive in natural light imho. It is indeed on the darker side in doors.

BBR will almost certain release a Rosso Corsa variant at some point, like they do with almost every Ferrari.

ATEOTD

Post by ATEOTD » Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:52 pm

SPhilli911 wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:33 am
I was in a similar situation a few months back, ordered a model from China and received the model just fine but also a second random item a week later from the same seller... think it was a cell phone cover. It was a head scratcher but it's possible it was a "scam" for sellers to generate a tracking number for whatever reason.

I looked it up at the time, but didn't take an action on it. Typically, I don't like to buy international because of things like this.
I got the mystery package today. It was a cleaning cloth and a little alien figure with a suction cup on the bottom. Whatever. :| I got my Zonda.

SPhilli911

Post by SPhilli911 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:06 am

ATEOTD wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:52 pm
I got the mystery package today. It was a cleaning cloth and a little alien figure with a suction cup on the bottom. Whatever. :| I got my Zonda.
Yup, figured the item might be something completely random like that but at least you got the model you paid for in the end. Still, best to be cautious buying international on ebay.

Return to “General Discussion”