Exoto parts ?

General discussions relating to all model brands and scales.
luft911

Exoto parts ?

Post by luft911 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:11 am

Hi Guys ,
I'm on the verge of purchasing a used ( mint ) Exoto 917/30 with extra chassis and the model doesn't have the wheel nut tool ( I think the First Heat ones come with 2 ) or the ''T'' stand to prop the rear bodywork open . From what I've heard it probably isn't worth trying to get these things from Exoto , but does anyone have an idea where I might be able to source them ? Worse comes to worse I could make the prop ( metal or plastic ? ) , but the wheel nut tool I'd like to find . From pics it doesn't appear to be the same tool that the Exoto 935's come with . Thanks for any suggestions .
Bryan

[KRAFTIG]

Re: Exoto parts ?

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:58 am

Exoto offers no assitance? Try eBay?

luft911

Post by luft911 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:13 am

^ Thanks . I keep an eye on e-bay - don't think I've ever seen any of these things for sale before . Exoto has always been so hard to deal with even when buying models that I doubt he'd even answer an inquiry on parts . I guess I could try with low expectations !

Oldtimer

Post by Oldtimer » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:29 am

For the wheel nut tool, I'd suggest buying the appropriate sized Nut Driver.

Similar to this:

https://www.techtoolsupply.com/Klein-10 ... 0-10mm.htm

I am not sure what size, but I can see if I can find the correct equivalent this evening when I get home and check mine.

luft911

Post by luft911 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:38 am

Hi - thanks - that is a great idea . Neither of these parts is a deal killer given the price of the models , but I'd like the ability to remove a wheel if I felt like displaying one off . If you don't mind could you check if the T prop is metal or plastic ?
Thanks,
Bryan

Oldtimer

Post by Oldtimer » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:06 am

luft911 wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:38 am
Hi - thanks - that is a great idea . Neither of these parts is a deal killer given the price of the models , but I'd like the ability to remove a wheel if I felt like displaying one off . If you don't mind could you check if the T prop is metal or plastic ?
Thanks,
Bryan
I have the boxes from my models stored in my attic, so it might be a stretch to check on the material, but my recollection is that they were metallic. I'll see if I can get up there this weekend, but requires some auto shuffling for access. I was going to use a set of standard and metric sockets to give you a Nut Driver size, as I can easily slip them over the wheel nut of one of my displayed models.

I'll see what I can do.

luft911

Post by luft911 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:12 am

Hi ,
Thank you for the offer - I guess I'm glad I heard from you before you went to all that trouble - I'm re-thinking the purchase in favor of one that is complete with the tools and stand . Sometimes saving a hundred or two while significant turns out to be not what it first appears - think I'll play it safe .
Regards,
Bryan

Oldtimer

Post by Oldtimer » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:02 am

Just in case you reconsider, I just tried a couple of sockets on an Exoto 934 I have in my donor stack, and a 5mm worked on it quite nicely. I am going to assume that the 917 lug nuts were the same size (but no guarantees).

Return to “General Discussion”