Pricing in the age of CV19

General discussions relating to all model brands and scales.
wotda

Pricing in the age of CV19

Post by wotda » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:48 pm

So due to the current situation, it seems shipping is currently a bit of hit and miss and the cost has increased.

But what about pricing? Don't know if it's a world wide thing, but I notice the pricing has increased in shops over here in Australia. Whereby some of the sites I get my models use to have free shipping over 99 dollars, its now no longer free shipping at all.

If I buy directly from one of brands(from there website), they too have increase the cost by 20% stating due to CV19.

Another observation is the winning bids on ebay for the pass 3 months. They have gone up almost double and triple (for rare models) compare to the start of the year. Even unpopular models which never sell or if they do only for 50 dollars or less, they now sell for above the 100 dollars. An example is a ford AU falcon 1:18 model that I brought at the start of 2019 for 40. I was the only bidder when I brought it. Now I saw the same model sold on ebay for 175 dollars (with 6 bidders bidding for it) 3 weeks ago.

This is just my observation and not sure if anyone is noticing the same trend.

[KRAFTIG]

Re: Pricing in the age of CV19

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:01 am

I can't really comment, I haven't been buying much as of late. Recent experiences with eBay are helping either!

Atalante

Post by Atalante » Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:08 pm

I did notice that rare and looked after CMCs have shot up in price in the past 4 months. Particularly the Ferrari 312P, Ferrari 250 GTO and the MB 300 SLR Ulenhaut. Prices that were already really high are now becoming unreasonable.

Malscar

Post by Malscar » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:58 am

The shipping cost is because there is a lack of flights into Australia therefore the shops etc are having to use DHL ant International Priority just to get them transported. I had one model out of Germany sit in Frankfurt for 5 weeks before they had room on a flight. A lot of countries are the same where because of the lack of transport they are only accepting higher cost postage.

As to shops, they are having the same problems where if they are sourcing them from an overseas wholesaler, unless they are in a shipping container their post costs are higher and they will pass this on. Otherwise they themselves will go broke.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:02 am

I believe this affects some more than others depending on where you reside in the world.

Return to “General Discussion”