Information on the value of a certain diecast in my collection

General discussions relating to all model brands and scales.
Charlie Black

Information on the value of a certain diecast in my collection

Post by Charlie Black » Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:34 pm

I have a jada toys 1:18 scale Diecast that I found in Walmart. I believe it is a factory flaw, it is a 1967 Impala 427, according to the box it supposed to have a 1971 Pontiac GTO inside. The car also has certain flaws like a missing steering wheel and missing door handle missing windshield wipers Etc it is also a dub City diecast, not a Big Time Muscle. It was obviously a mistake made where they packaged the car. I have heard that certain flaws such as this can be worth different amounts of money? Can anyone help me or tell me how to find out what the value of this car is?

[KRAFTIG]

Re: Information on the value of a certain diecast in my collection

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:12 am

Welcome to DS. I wish I could help, but I have nothing to provide here.

Oldtimer

Post by Oldtimer » Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:24 pm

I don't collect these, but usually when you see an "error" car, it is not simply missing pieces (for which I would return it for a refund), but that there are flaws such as a wrong engine (Ertl did some Nascar Thunderbirds that have Chevy engines in them - that being that the distributor is at the back of the engine), a wrong paint scheme, or something similar.

A model missing pieces, in my opinion, regardless of whether it is boxed incorrectly, is just junk.

Another thing that you need to be aware of is if the model was returned by another buyer, who swapped in their broken model to get an unwarranted refund. You cannot assume that customer service personnel at a Walmart have much knowledge of diecast model details, and if they see a box, and a receipt, they process a refund.

Packard Fan

Post by Packard Fan » Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:05 am

Concur!

Return to “General Discussion”