Delays in the release of model cars

General discussions relating to all model brands and scales.
VermillionRed

Delays in the release of model cars

Post by VermillionRed » Thu May 12, 2022 12:24 am

Thanks to the Covid Pandemic that persists worldwide there are worrisome news out of China. The port of Shanghai which is the largest in the world has more than 500 cargo vessels that are stationary. There is a covid lockdown in 30 cities in China and analysts are saying a global economic crises is looming. Prices are also supposed to spike. Toys are all made in China so this will effectively have an impact for the hobby. Any thoughts from the forum members ?

[KRAFTIG]

Re: Delays in the release of model cars

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Thu May 12, 2022 8:22 am

These are first-world problems at that... I personally have seen cost hikes yet, is this true, time will tell. In the meantime, I would narrow the focus of the collection and buy the utmost important models. In short, this hobby is the last 10-15 has truly become more expensive, and a luxury one at that. Hoping for the best! :fingercrossed:

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Thu May 12, 2022 8:31 am

yeah I don't buy that many anymore and only focus on a certain theme. The market is overdue for a massive correction, insane inflation everywhere and covid just made it worse. The prices are so high yet there are still enough people to buy the models. Take the Motorhelix Z-tune - sold out at $500 USD. And it was supposed to have a MSRP of ~$275. That's crazy to me lol. Crazy!

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Thu May 12, 2022 9:55 am

StratosWRC wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 8:31 am
yeah I don't buy that many anymore and only focus on a certain theme. The market is overdue for a massive correction, insane inflation everywhere and covid just made it worse. The prices are so high yet there are still enough people to buy the models. Take the Motorhelix Z-tune - sold out at $500 USD. And it was supposed to have a MSRP of ~$275. That's crazy to me lol. Crazy!
That's nuts! :crazy: I do agree, a "correction" is definitely overdue. If not this hobby will not survive.

Return to “General Discussion”