Diecast checklist and a few questions

General discussions relating to all model brands and scales.
Malby66

Diecast checklist and a few questions

Post by Malby66 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:57 am

I was wondering if there is a site that list all the different makes and models of cars that get produced each year? Something like a checklist. Being a former sports card collector, we had a checklist for everything so you knew what was out or coming out. Made it easier if you were collecting a certain team or player. I'm really getting into Inno models and would love to see a list of every model that's been produced so I can chase down the ones I'm interested in. Also, info on if certain models are overseas exclusives. I've been on Inno's website and others and there's not much info there unless I'm missing something. Mini Gt has probably one of the best checklists on their site but I've noticed some cars not listed that I see for sale. Tarmac has a catalog style checklist on their website that's really too small to read. I've been all over the selling sites (not sure I can mention them here) trying to come up with a master list buts it's been a chore.

Also, are there a lot of fake diecast out there? I recently bought a Mini Gt LB Works Lamborghini that has the #80 on the box and a sticker on the bottom of the same box with MGT00057. Neither number is listed on the Mini GT site. Curious if I bought a fake or not. Hoping someone can shed some light on this for me.

I've been having a lot of fun adding to my collection. Picked up a lot in such a short time. So far I've added some Ignition (not resin), Para64, Kyosho, Era, HKM, Tarmac, Inno, LCD, M2, GL, JL to my collection. Any recommendations on another 1/64 brand I should check out? Although I like everything i bought so far I'm still looking for my niche.

Thanks to anyone who can help this newbie out.

[KRAFTIG]

Re: Diecast checklist and a few questions

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:48 pm

Not sure if there is an official list anywhere, though I do not focus on1:64 scale. The news feed here does focus on some brands mentioned, so start there.

As for fake, no comment, this is something I've not experienced in my days with primarily 1:18 and some 1:12 and 1:43. I personally like BMC, lots of added value with them.

Also, support the website, connect with of site sponsors ModelCarsHouston.com, they seem to focus on the smaller stuff :money: :money:

https://www.modelcarshouston.com/

Return to “General Discussion”