Is it me? Or.

General discussions relating to all model brands and scales.
scradley

Is it me? Or.

Post by scradley » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:53 am

I know I'm new to this forum, but I'm hoping someone can shed some light on the situation for me. Is it me or have 1/18th model prices sky rocketed in the past 24 months?!? I'm finding models that I own that I didn't think we're worth as much as they are on eBay for ridiculous amounts.

Now I'm only going to take eBay prices with a grain of salt as I always have, I guess something is worth as much as someone's willing to pay for it. Even so I've seen very few models lately for under $100. What happened to the days where you could buy a 1/18th AA for 69.99+hst.

Cheers
Bradley

Mikey MKIV

Re: Is it me? Or.

Post by Mikey MKIV » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:38 pm

totally agree. As for AA In my opinion, the quality has skyrocketed also, so thats a big plus, but yes, it is very hard for me to aquire models like I used to when 59.99 was the expensive end. Its a shame, soooooo many out there I would love to get my hands on, but today it would cost thousands rather than hundreds... kinda stinks.

scradley

Post by scradley » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:13 pm

I stepped away from collecting for a while, (2 years or so) I guess it's more shocking for me to see what models have appreciated but it also seems there's been little to no depreciation in the market either.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:24 pm

I guess something is worth as much as someone's willing to pay for it
The above is one of my favorites saying lol. eBay is a good guide to utilize BUT don't view the current assortment of models for sale but utilize the available tools to see what something has actually sold for.

Prices have steadily been increasing for a number of years. Labor, materials, production runs, greed all a play a factor in the equation. You need to pace yourself nowadays to ensure you don't live beyond your means, isn't too easy as this hobby is quite an addiction. The days of sub $75 models are long behind us, though there are deals out there. And along with the higher prices in most cases come with better detailed models, but how much are collectors willing to pay? :money: :money:

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:28 pm

It's mostly due to rising labour costs. A bunch of new laws in China. Autoart even released a statement explaining that a few years ago. That's pretty much it.

rynaldo

Post by rynaldo » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:08 am

AUTOart's reasoning... It was a pretty good read... :okay:

http://www.autoartmodels.com/article.we ... ticleId=16

Return to “General Discussion”