MY last HOLY GRAIL, what is YOURS?

General discussions relating to all model brands and scales.
Philip

Re: ** CONTEST: My last HOLY GRAIL, what is YOURS? **

Post by Philip » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:38 pm

Nice add. I have it, along with one or two other Rossi bikes! ;) I was going for the full collection, but stopped after the Ducati models, as they are simply too expensive...£100 for a 1/12 bike is just too much!

The figures aren't much cheaper, either.....

twenty3

Post by twenty3 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:41 pm

Philip wrote:Nice add. I have it, along with one or two other Rossi bikes! ;) I was going for the full collection, but stopped after the Ducati models, as they are simply too expensive...£100 for a 1/12 bike is just too much!

The figures aren't much cheaper, either.....
believe me philip... there are few more Rossi bikes that I am missing from my collection. I don't think I will try to get the rare test bikes that I am missing. Minichamps hasn't released new Rossi bikes lately so it has been good for my wallet.

I am surprised Minichamps hasn't released Rossi's 2012 race bike... 2 years overdue!

Mac47

Post by Mac47 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:39 am

If anyone wants a green Kyosho Countach Prototype, there are two or three on eBay for a change.

Nicadraus

Post by Nicadraus » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:36 am

My holy grail(s) were these cars and fortunately, I have found them.

Lamborghini Countach LP500s/5000s in red - Kyosho

The Countach LP500s/5000s was my ultimate holy grail. It was my favorite car in the 80s. Particularly in red because of the movie Cannonball Run 2. It was in the chase scene (beginning of the movie) when the white Countach was washed and turned into red. It took me almost 3 years to find one. This is also the first release by Kyosho. Had I known that Kyosho would re-release this model, I could have waited for it and saved a lot. I got this for almost $300 in 2010.

The 20th century daddy of dream cars by Nicadraus-Lambo, on Flickr

Lamborghini Diablo VT - AUTOart

When the Diablo was launched in 1990, the first thing I did was grab a copy of the Road & Track magazine and read all about the new Lamborghini flagship. I was in awe. So brute and menacing. It was definitely a "Lamborghini". So my passion for Lambos grew more and more (Of course the Miura and Countach are still among my favorites).

I only got serious in collecting diecast models in 2007, I missed this particular model when it was still readily available. I was kind of a late bloomer in this hobby. Although my first 1:18 was a green Murcielago by AUTOart which I bought in 2003 and never thought I would actually become serious in collecting Lamborghini cars. So in 2009, a friend of mine saw this model posted at the for sale section of another forum and told me about it. I said if he could purchase it for me, I'd be glad to and pay him back. So he did. Small world it is because this particular model's former owner was Gavin (a member here).

1:18 Lamborghini Diablo VT - AUTOart by Nicadraus-Lambo, on Flickr

Lamborghini Diablo Roadster - AUTOart

Another model that I missed in my collection was this one, the Diablo Roadster. I have been on a hunt for it for quite sometime until Mac47/Matt (another member here) decided to sell it and posted in another forum in 2012. So I didn't think twice and grabbed that opportunity.

1:18 Lamborghini Diablo Roadster - AUTOart by Nicadraus-Lambo, on Flickr
Last edited by Nicadraus on Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mac47

Post by Mac47 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:19 pm

Wow, that photo of the VT with doors up is phenomenal. It's one of those shots that makes me pinch myself and say, "what a relief that I own that model too!"

I don't miss the roadster. Glad it's in good hands. Wish I had done a better job of packing and shipping it to you.

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:29 pm

Man one of my collection's biggest holes so far is the absence of a Countach.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:39 pm

StratosWRC wrote:Man one of my collection's biggest holes so far is the absence of a Countach.
Its a must have for everyone, I don't think I need to explain... :deal:

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:40 pm

I know :cry: :shame:

Nicadraus

Post by Nicadraus » Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:13 am

[KRAFTIG] wrote:
StratosWRC wrote:Man one of my collection's biggest holes so far is the absence of a Countach.
Its a must have for everyone, I don't think I need to explain... :deal:
Exactly! :rockon:
StratosWRC wrote:I know :cry: :shame:
You can still get one. Kyosho re-released the 5000s. There are also a couple fo LP500 Walter Wolf versions available in the market. If you were to pick between AA & Kyosho, I'd personally go for Kyosho. They look more pleasing to my eyes and have a better stance & ride height. Although there are some points and features that the AA version also wins. So it'll depend on your liking. Kyosho also have more Countach variants than AA.

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:24 am

Autoart have a bunch of Countach variants coming, so I'll take a look at them. Not a fan of Kyosho much. Same with the Walter Wolf edition.

the1

Post by the1 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:58 am

Happy coincidence or not, my holy grail has also been the Countach. But in 1:43 form, made by MR Models for Kyosho. A wonderful piece of scale model art with a full set of opening parts.
Of course, it was discontinued before I managed to get my hands on it. I kept chasing it on ebay, but it proved harder to find than a pink unicorn. I finally got mine at a German auction, fighting with another seemingly avid Countach fan. But the hassle didn't end there. The seller simply refused to ship it outside Germany. :shame: When all seemed lost, a good friend living in Dachau came to my rescue. I got the package delivered to his address and he brought it to me personally 3 months later. So, kudos to my knight in shining armor!

Last edited by the1 on Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:49 am, edited 4 times in total.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:05 am

Wes just to add some fuel to the fire! :lol:

the1

Post by the1 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:08 am

Dropdead gorgeous! Is that a Kyosho or an AutoART?

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:13 am

Thank you, I agree too. It is Kyosho, a rare piece, which I scopped up for ~$90CND. This was also years after its release, thanks again to Scale18.com for the sale!

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:57 am

Yeah I want a white one for sure.

Return to “General Discussion”