MY last HOLY GRAIL, what is YOURS?

General discussions relating to all model brands and scales.
[KRAFTIG]

Re: ** CONTEST: My last HOLY GRAIL, what is YOURS? **

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:02 pm

Lucky13 wrote:My holly grail will be if Toronto Mapleleaves win the Stanley cup.
Hahahaha. Nice to see another Leaf fan here. I've seen the Jays win the World Series, now its the Leaf's turn! :fingercrossed:

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:53 pm

Loooool +1

Makinen

Post by Makinen » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:18 am

Mine is a little hard to guess :P

I know I'm not the only one in love with this model but I finally got it as a 30th birthday present from my wife this year. Normally she's not a fan of my "toy" collecting hobby but she went all out on this one. She took it upon herself to get in touch with someone in France and make sure the model was in mint condition with all the safety straps and stickers in place. She also went to the extent to find out if the box was mint too. Anyhow, I was gob-smacked when I got it.

This is my dream car in real life. I've had the pleasure of driving an Evo VI before. Next year it will be legal to import into Canada and I know I'll be on the look out to get one!

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:35 am

Wow congrats! You cherish that girl! Hahahaha...

Nicadraus

Post by Nicadraus » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:51 am

[KRAFTIG] wrote:Wow congrats! You cherish that girl! Hahahaha...
I second that. :okay:

abrucru

Post by abrucru » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:52 am

Man, wish I could see all my diecasts in front of me now. Sold off my entire collection of over 550 models some years back. One always comes to mind...the 67 Corvette convertible by Motorbox in Marina blue with white top up.

Alex B.

Mac47

Post by Mac47 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:09 pm

Alex, I learned the hard way: I have never sold a diecast without regret. Now I'm trying to rebuild my small (<30) collection and continue it going forward. It's not easy to do, especially for rare and sought-after pieces.

Stu935

Post by Stu935 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:58 am

I know the contest is over, but thought i'd share my Grail with the forum :)

I am now down to two Grails, unfortunately for me one hardly ever comes up for sale and is expensive, and the other is a little more common but is expensive. My two grails are. I will focus on my main grail....

my ultimate grail is the Exoto 1976 Martini Le Mans 935 (clean version). While the finish line/dirty version comes up for sale fairly regular, the clean version is a different story. I've been collection Exoto 935s and 934s for almost 3 years and in that time I've only seen one clean version of the #40 car come up for sale in Europe. I did bid on it but it ended up going for over £700 which is too rich for my blood. So this one is my ultimate Grail. This model is very significant in the 935 story as it was the first year Porsche entered the 935 at Le Mans (1976). They only entered the one car, chassis number #002, and it managed to place 4th overall in the race and first in the Group 5 class.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:34 am

Good luck to you!

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:12 am

Stu you don't want the upcoming TSM version instead? It's from a different race though.

Stu935

Post by Stu935 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:29 am

StratosWRC wrote:Stu you don't want the upcoming TSM version instead? It's from a different race though.
yeah i saw the #1 Martini car by TSM, but already have the #3 car by Exoto from the same race. I really want the #40 car as it's the Le Mans entry car. If TSM had released that instead of the #1 car i'd have been all over it :). Hopefully they may release the #40 Le Mans car at a later date. I'll deffo be picking up the #40 Kremer Racing 935 due out in December (hopefully) by TSM

Oldtimer

Post by Oldtimer » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:52 pm

Snagged this one just the other day. See separate post for more details.

Gavin

Post by Gavin » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:47 pm

Nicadraus wrote: Lamborghini Diablo VT - AUTOart

When the Diablo was launched in 1990, the first thing I did was grab a copy of the Road & Track magazine and read all about the new Lamborghini flagship. I was in awe. So brute and menacing. It was definitely a "Lamborghini". So my passion for Lambos grew more and more (Of course the Miura and Countach are still among my favorites).

I only got serious in collecting diecast models in 2007, I missed this particular model when it was still readily available. I was kind of a late bloomer in this hobby. Although my first 1:18 was a green Murcielago by AUTOart which I bought in 2003 and never thought I would actually become serious in collecting Lamborghini cars. So in 2009, a friend of mine saw this model posted at the for sale section of another forum and told me about it. I said if he could purchase it for me, I'd be glad to and pay him back. So he did. Small world it is because this particular model's former owner was Gavin (a member here).

awesome to see that this was one of your grails, Nicadraus & glad it went to a good home. :beer:

TAF27

Post by TAF27 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:01 am

Minichamps CGT. What a model!

Mac47

Post by Mac47 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:52 am

With real leather seats, right?

Return to “General Discussion”