Bburago signature vs Hot Wheels Elite LaFerrari?

General discussions relating to all model brands and scales.
Mikey MKIV

Bburago signature vs Hot Wheels Elite LaFerrari?

Post by Mikey MKIV » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:39 pm

Sorry if this is discussed elsewhere, or through a combination of other threads, but has anyone seen/compared the Hot Wheels Elite vs Bburago signature LaFerrari? I mean moreso than just comparing pictures. Bburago is about $50 while the Hot Wheels Elite is $130 ballpark. Is HW worth the extra money?

I just got my two Bb 488's and what a bang for the buck for $50 each. I want to keep buying at this price!!!! :beer: But unfortunately for my wallet, I still prefer better details/materials etc.

Thanks!!

[KRAFTIG]

Re: Bburago signature vs Hot Wheels Elite LaFerrari?

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:50 pm

I believe Lucky13 has played with both, he should chime in soon :)

I'm definitely adding the 488 GTB!

Mikey MKIV

Post by Mikey MKIV » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:27 am

Thanks Lucky, great details on all variants! I definitely prefer either Bb sig or Hot Wheels Elite. I agree with you, the BBR open is amazing and I LOVE the black wheels (I think the real life car looks 100x better with black wheels). I absolutely cant get myself to buy standard Bburago/Maistos anymore, just too toy like. Ill never love the model if its too toyish. Actually, as I have gotten older and manufacturers have been producing way nicer models, I have slowly been replacing any Maisto/budget brand models I had on my wall. They just dont do it for me (but the price is nice).

Im really drawn to these higher quality budget brands right now as the bang for the buck is tremendous and they are the only ones with sane prices right now. Ill probably pick up the Hot Wheels Elite if its slightly better just because Ill like those little details more down the road long after I have forgotten the price difference.

Gavin

Post by Gavin » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:58 am

Great question that I'd been wondering as well.

I was really impressed with the Signature 488. I don't know that its quite up the level of the Hot Wheels Elite 458s, but it isn't far behind & I'm hoping that Bburago will steadily improve with each model as Hot Wheels Elite did (for the most part). I still haven't bought a LaF (nor 458 Speciale)...but am very much leaning towards the Bb Signatures.

Return to “General Discussion”