Looksmart vs BBR Ferrari FXXK

General discussions relating to all model brands and scales.
toyfiats

Looksmart vs BBR Ferrari FXXK

Post by toyfiats » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:59 pm

I'm not sure whether this is the most appropriate section of the forum to ask, and a search didn't raise anything, but has anyone done a review of the Looksmart and BBR Ferrari FXX-K in 1/43?

I've been planning to get the entire BBR version (since all my other 1/43 are BBR as well), and the discounts this weekend are compelling me to do so now. However, I just became aware that Looksmart has made pretty much the same line, and at a lower price, which would add up across seven models.

I know the BBR version has a nice, carbon fiber look base, but how do the actual models compare? Does anyone know? Any comments most appreciated.
Last edited by toyfiats on Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[KRAFTIG]

Re: Looksmart vs BBR Ferrari FXXK

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:43 pm

Looksmart is consider entry for the end-end, MR Collection is the premiere side, though mostly in 1:18. Based on the two I would lean to the most affordable piece, they should be very similar. Also based on the LS reviews I've done to date they are very capable scales models.

toyfiats

Post by toyfiats » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:20 pm

Thanks for the reply. I was able to find a vendor in Europe that had a particular version available from both LS and BBR, so I was able to compare pictures of the models taken in the same light and same angle. The BBR definitely had better details, so I went ahead with them. Just received my big box from carmodel.com yesterday, and wasn't disappointed.

I wish I had more room (and $) to get the complete set in 1/18 as well, as they really look striking together as a set.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:55 pm

I wish I had more room (and $)
The two biggest obstacles for all collectors, well most of us :D

Return to “General Discussion”