BBR Desposit / Anyone want a Alfa?

General discussions relating to all model brands and scales.
[KRAFTIG]

BBR Desposit / Anyone want a Alfa?

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:25 am

Hey All, I wasn't aware that BBR doesn't offer refunds on deposits. In my opinion poor business practice. Since I have this outstanding deposit on the of 50 Euro. Anyone here looking for the Alfa Romeo Giulia 2015 Quadrifoglio without display with Silver wheels? Let me know? Live and Learn. Cheers!

PS - The team at DS will no longer report on any news from the brand.

http://www.bbrmodelstore.com/English/ca ... -case.aspx

Atalante

Re: BBR Desposit / Anyone want a Alfa?

Post by Atalante » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:02 pm

I am interested but with gun metal wheels. Would it work?

Atalante

Post by Atalante » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:48 pm

Nevermind I grabbed the last one available with gun metal wheels. Sold out now.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:46 pm

Atalante wrote:Nevermind I grabbed the last one available with gun metal wheels. Sold out now.
Ha! Funny how the model been sold out for weeks, and one showed up this week...

Atalante

Post by Atalante » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:46 pm

Yes this is strange. Even this morning it was sold out then one showed up and just before I put it in the cart I swear I saw Qty2. Since I purchased one it seems sold out for good.

toyfiats

Post by toyfiats » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:44 am

[KRAFTIG] wrote:Hey All, I wasn't aware that BBR doesn't offer refunds on deposits. In my opinion poor business practice. Since I have this outstanding deposit on the of 50 Euro. Anyone here looking for the Alfa Romeo Giulia 2015 Quadrifoglio without display with Silver wheels? Let me know? Live and Learn. Cheers!

PS - The team at DS will no longer report on any news from the brand.
Why, hopefully not just because they won't refund your deposit? I've looked into doing a pre-order with them before, and it's fairly clear that the deposit is not refundable. Whether that's poor business practice is debatable (and I have no desire to do so).

I've posted only a few times, but I do visit this site just about every day to get news on the latest offerings, and as BBR is one of my favorite brands to hear you won't be covering them anymore is disappointing.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:53 am

Its more than their position on the refund. No one here takes home a salary, we work hard just like everyone else. This sites promotes all brands. If our team reaches out for a small favor I expect a little gratitude or bend in the rules in return. Their customer service is poor, so my position is to not promote their brand.

damnyouebay

Post by damnyouebay » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:29 am

Diecastsociety - Your KInda Definitive Information Resource WE HATE BBR

The only thing this will hurt is your site.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:17 am

damnyouebay wrote:Diecastsociety - Your KInda Definitive Information Resource WE HATE BBR

The only thing this will hurt is your site.
Sometimes you need to take a stance against the establishment, read the passage from the "About" link. The DS was created by collectors for collectors.

PS Hate is a strong word, one I rarely use.

Atalante

Post by Atalante » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:04 am

I think that taking a stance is fine. Your site is not 100% objective and that's perfectly fine with me. So no more every color of the rainbow / BBR Ferrari resin / free advertising in the news section is a good news. But I hope you will make some exceptions for the coming BBR diecast pieces many here are looking for. Exoto is (kinda) covered in DS and they have much worse business practices.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:10 am

Atalante wrote:I think that taking a stance is fine. Your site is not 100% objective and that's perfectly fine with me. So no more every color of the rainbow / BBR Ferrari resin / free advertising in the news section is a good news. But I hope you will make some exceptions for the coming BBR diecast pieces many here are looking for. Exoto is (kinda) covered in DS and they have much worse business practices.
Thanks for seeing my point. I plan on adding some of the diecast pieces, as always full review will follow :deal:

Return to “General Discussion”