Anyone Familiar with this brand?

General discussions relating to all model brands and scales.
BeemerJunkie

Anyone Familiar with this brand?

Post by BeemerJunkie » Sat May 06, 2017 12:40 pm

Hi All,

I am currently in the process of building up my collection of Liberty Walk themed 1:18 Dicecast models. So far I have mainly bought GT Spirit/Ignition/AB models.

The other day I came across this ad on ebay. It says that the brand is Liberty Walk. I was wondering if anyone has bought these or is familiar with them and their build quality?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/322503777347? ... EBIDX%3AIT

Advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

[KRAFTIG]

Re: Anyone Familiar with this brand?

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat May 06, 2017 12:48 pm

I'm not sure who the official manufacturer is some independent out of China, relatively new too. I think they are distributed by AB Models. I'd love to add the Red Ferraro but asking price is too much for what it is.

BeemerJunkie

Post by BeemerJunkie » Sat May 06, 2017 1:51 pm

[KRAFTIG] wrote:I'm not sure who the official manufacturer is some independent out of China, relatively new too. I think they are distributed by AB Models. I'd love to add the Red Ferraro but asking price is too much for what it is.
Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I could'nt see to find any info on who the manufacturer was and so was a bit hesitant about spending that kind of money on a random brand.

I bought an AB Maserati recently for my collection and I was not impressed with some of the build quality. One of the wheels feel off when I took it out of the box and I turned it over and all the wheels looked like they had been glued on by a tolder. there was excess glue all over the inside of the wheels. Managed to fix the problem but after paying £300 for it you would think it would be better quality. In comparison, the GT spirit/Ignition models seem better.

If the AB one is anything to go by I wonder what the build quality of this one will be. They have some good colours and its tempting but yes its a steep price to find out.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat May 06, 2017 2:11 pm

Managed to fix the problem but after paying £300 for it you would think it would be better quality. In comparison, the GT spirit/Ignition models seem better.
Yes absolutely agree, that comes down to QC/standards at factory level. For the price point it should be near perfect In my opinion.

Return to “General Discussion”