Shady business model in the US market from GT Spirit

General discussions relating to all model brands and scales.
Josh

Shady business model in the US market from GT Spirit

Post by Josh » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:36 pm

Dear Die Cast model car collector,

Many Die Cast model cars are much more expensive in the USA than in Europe. This fact and my deep love for America and the American people has been the primary reason for the founding of American Excellence Corporation in Charlotte, NC. I wanted to offer Die Cast model cars for lower prices to the American enthusiast.

With www.American-Excellence.com I am able to offer model cars in the US for a similar low price as is available in Europe. However, there are some (just some) parties who seek to earn more money from the US by offering the same models for a much higher price than in Europe. That creates pressure on me to increase our American Excellence prices.

“GT Spirit”, represented by Guillier Sahugue Frederick ([email protected]) informed me that he will no longer supply the “GT Spirit” models to me because I have not agreed to increase my prices at American Excellence from $ 99.95 to $139.95, or to remove them completely from www.American-Excellence.com. This is completely against all my beliefs for a fair business and I will definitely not accept this without fighting for this belief and for getting US prices as low as they are in Europe.

It is my hope that “GT Spirit” returns to a fair business behavior without discriminating against the Die Cast model car enthusiast in the USA.

I will keep you informed about this case.

With best regards,

Klaus
Owner of American Excellence Trading Corporation

Your thoughts fellow collectors?

JamesonsViggen

Re: Shady business model in the US market from GT Spirit

Post by JamesonsViggen » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:42 pm

Just read that too.

I was waiting for the 968 CS to hit the site this week. I am pissed about this. I doubt they will get it so I will have to pay $30 in shipping and Euro/Dollar differences.

Josh

Post by Josh » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:56 pm

JamesonsViggen wrote:Just read that too.

I was waiting for the 968 CS to hit the site this week. I am pissed about this. I doubt they will get it so I will have to pay $30 in shipping and Euro/Dollar differences.

Same here, no way I continue with my pre order for the 911 GT3RS if the price goes up to 140. I will just buy the AA at the same price. :nt:

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:46 am

You think its tough, try buying the models in Canada! With no VAT and DS 10% discount I can purchase models cheaper in Euro via retailer than North America distributor. Who is getting hosed now LOL.

Josh

Post by Josh » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:36 am

That is too bad, but then again you do live in Canada so at least you have um......well......o shit you live in Canada..........Uh Molson? LOL!

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:08 pm

hahahhahahaha

Return to “General Discussion”