Saltwater and Your Collection?

General discussions relating to all model brands and scales.
[KRAFTIG]

Saltwater and Your Collection?

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:27 am

Hi, simple question for the group. Do you have a SALTWATER AQUARIUM? Where is the aquarium in relation to your displayed collection? TIA!

Cornucopiadiecast66

Re: Saltwater and Your Collection?

Post by Cornucopiadiecast66 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:36 pm

I do have a Saltwater Aquarium next to my cars, it's called the Atlantic ocean. LOL! However, you've got me thinking, yes the house is climate controlled, but doors, and windows are opened and closed on any given day, and there's plenty of salt air everywhere.

Since I've only lived down here on the for a little over a year it's never crossed my mind what it possibly could do to my die-cast cars. Please no die-cast rash! :fingercrossed:

Right now at this moment, I'm right in the middle of Hurricane Harvey which is really kicking up plenty of saltwater. This is not fun, but now at least I have something else to worry about! :shame: :scratchhead:

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:04 am

LOL good luck to you too!

Marcel171281

Post by Marcel171281 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:18 am

I don't think salt water near your collection is going to be a problem. I live right next to the northsea coastline, next to one of the biggest harbors in the world in one of the biggest river delta's there are. Wind is almost always coming from sea, I always have the doors of the house open (have two german sheperds), and no climat control, just a heater for the winter.

I collect diecast for more than 25 years, and still have around 30 models from that period. Apart from 1 old kyosho (512BB) with little paint rash (but that is a result of de zinc that is used, with trapped porosity in it), all models are still as new.

So, no worries!! :)

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:36 am

thanks for the info

Cornucopiadiecast66

Post by Cornucopiadiecast66 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:24 am

That's good to know, thanks. But now I have to go back to worrying about the Hurricane. LOL!

Not really, winds are somewhat strong, rain is heavy, but the house I'm in is 13 Feet about see level, and their only calling for 16"- 24" swells here in Texas City, with flooding at most of 3' - 5' max (if that).

Return to “General Discussion”