Looking for info on 2 models I dug up in the house

General discussions relating to all model brands and scales.
diecastdummy

Looking for info on 2 models I dug up in the house

Post by diecastdummy » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:22 am

Hi everyone, I was having a clean out and came across 2 1:18 Ford Capri models that I bought when I was younger (know nothing about diecast, just have a thing for Capris)

Any way, I've been searching online but with what little knowledge I have I'm struggling to find any recent info/valuations

First is a Norev Ford Capri Mk3, the number is 182711. It's boxed but the wingmirror has come off (still have it in the box though)

Next is a MiniChamps Ford Capri RS 1970, number 150 089070. Also boxed but the box is in rough shape, also has a wingmirror missing from what i can see but i don't have the rogue mirror.

I'd love to include some pictures but I'm not sure how to attach photos on a forum :shame:

Any information on what theyre worth, who would be interested and where to find buyers would be much appreciated.
I'd completely forgotten I had these so it'd make me feel much better knowing someone who appreciates them is getting the chance to enjoy them

Thanks, Dan

[KRAFTIG]

Re: Looking for info on 2 models I dug up in the house

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:14 pm

Hi, welcome. I would use eBay as a gauge. Pricing comes down to demand, condition and rarity. As always a model is worth what someone is willing to pay, so take the 'buy it now' eBay price with a grain of salt. Good luck.

diecastdummy

Post by diecastdummy » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:56 am

That's the thing, I'm struggling to find the colours I have on eBay. I spent a good few hours doing some research but the only available models are different colours to mine.
Plus I'm not sure how much missing wing mirrors would depreciate the value.
How would I know if the colours I have are rare or just aren't currently on the market?
Thanks

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:43 am

That's the hard part. If the model is not "MINT" you cannot ask top dollar. Also based on your descriptions and lack of images it will be hard pressed to get a definite answer from me; I'm not a avid livery collector either. Gauge what is available or close and set your pricing accordingly based on current condition.

diecastdummy

Post by diecastdummy » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:00 am

Yeah I understand I didn't give too much information!
I have 2 albums of pictures here of the 2 models, unsure how to attach anything so I'll just post the links.

Minichamps Ford Capri RS 1970 1:18 - 150 089070
https://imgur.com/a/DGFj5

Norev Ford Capri MK3 1:18 - 182711
https://imgur.com/a/nXFIX

I'm taking a wild shot in the dark and I'm thinking somewhere around £115-£120 for the 2? £50 for the Norev and £75-80 for the Minichamps?

Any more information or interest is more than welcome! Thanks giys

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:00 pm

I'm taking a wild shot in the dark and I'm thinking somewhere around £115-£120 for the 2? £50 for the Norev and £75-80 for the Minichamps?
Nothing special or are about either, you'll be lucky to get asking. You need to find the right buyer, could take some time.

Return to “General Discussion”