So depressing...

General discussions relating to all model brands and scales.
StratosWRC

Re: So depressing...

Post by StratosWRC » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:42 pm

This is why I only ever bought one and never bought another. Even though you're just buying a placeholder, you're still giving them money and as a result, are digging a grave for the diecast models. I honestly don't care if they're metal or not - I prefer metal - I just want them to be properly detailed.

Nicadraus

Post by Nicadraus » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:39 am

I have slowed down in buying model cars because just like the others, it had become boring because of the sealed resin bandwagon. I mainly collect Lamborghini cars and what is a V12 Lambo without an opening scissor doors? Or a great pose for display or photography would at least have steerable wheels. Plus the many inaccuracies of resin models.

The sealed Diablo SE30 which was recently released by Kyosho is a big let down. I'm still hoping that Aa wwould consider making this one in full opening/functioning parts.

TomMay

Post by TomMay » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:56 am

I just received a GT Spirit newsletter with an interesting statement:

"This is why we have worked on an alternative in order to return to more acceptable rates. From 2019, some GT Spirit models will be made in Diecast, all opening, and for a price of around 79.90 euro public price. In this way we will return to the basics of the range that we put in place 5 years ago now"

I am looking forward to GT Spirit Diecast models :-)

karlis

Post by karlis » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:34 pm

I do not mind the new composite models that are plastic but with opening parts. Although I only got one yet (Porsche 918 Spyder form AA), I like it and if this is the future, I am fine with it. Best from both worlds - opening parts and no paint rash.

I have no resin models. I have wanted some but I try to resist.

Downsides:

1) Idiotic decal-like side window frames. 90% of the time they ruin the realism. Not only the models are from resin, they are poorly executed. Gluing proper 3d window frames would cost nothing. Some upper end manufacturers do this on some models, but it is rare. So the side window frames are the single most annoying and ugly part about resin models.
2) Non steerable wheels.
3) No suspension, often very ugly underside.

Upsides:

1) No paint rash
2) Wheel positions are better
3) Body gaps are even, better than diecast and more realistic
4) Less chance that parts will fall off

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:07 pm

karlis wrote:I do not mind the new composite models that are plastic but with opening parts. Although I only got one yet (Porsche 918 Spyder form AUTOart), I like it and if this is the future, I am fine with it. Best from both worlds - opening parts and no paint rash.

I have no resin models. I have wanted some but I try to resist.

Downsides:

1) Idiotic decal-like side window frames. 90% of the time they ruin the realism. Not only the models are from resin, they are poorly executed. Gluing proper 3d window frames would cost nothing. Some upper end manufacturers do this on some models, but it is rare. So the side window frames are the single most annoying and ugly part about resin models.
2) Non steerable wheels.
3) No suspension, often very ugly underside.

Upsides:

1) No paint rash
2) Wheel positions are better
3) Body gaps are even, better than diecast and more realistic
4) Less chance that parts will fall off
Yes, agreed. Though #2 some sealed do offer steering option.

Return to “General Discussion”