DieCast Racing

General discussions relating to all model brands and scales.
DieCastRacing

DieCast Racing

Post by DieCastRacing » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:00 pm

Hi everybody!

First post, but as a long time viewer and follower of DS / DC stuff in general, so I do hope that
it's ok to post my 'plea' here, this is not spam, I'm not a bot (I think), and it is related to DC :)

I'm currently working on my first game, made in UE4, which is called: DieCast-Racing!

It is based on die-cast cars of course, mainly matchbox (1:64, the majority of my 200ish models ;)),
and mixes them with a slot-less track system from the 80's called 'TCR', which allowed lane changes.
The tracks will also be able to use 'magnetism', to keep the cars on track at high speed.

At the moment I have modeled a Monteverdi Hai (that was my fav' as a kid in the 80s), next is a Detomaso Pantera,
the environments are all realistic (no silly flashy spacey stuff, only objects that exist in the real world are in the game).
I've not seen yet a good die-cast cars game, even from matchbox/etc.., they are all too 'arcade' In my opinion.

So I'm mixing simulation and arcade aspects, which I will probably leave totally open, so that it can be used
as a 'simulator' of small die-cast cars, or a fun packed arcade game with all sorts of fun real-life items,
like crackers, pintacks, superglue, etc.. all real size too of course.

The game is still being developed, so I thought of gathering thoughts and ideas here too :)
I'm open to any suggestions, ideas, criticism or other hopefully supportive stuff!

And please let me know if this isn't the correct spot for this, I do hope you guys will be into it!
Have a look and let me know what you think >> http://www.diecast-racing.com

Thanks for your time,
Nick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHdlJWY2Oiw

[KRAFTIG]

Re: DieCast Racing

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:58 pm

Now this is different! Let me know if you received our follow-up email?

DieCastRacing

Re: DieCast Racing

Post by DieCastRacing » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:27 am

Hi Kraftig, yep, thx!
I got the confirmation if that's what you mean? :)

Return to “General Discussion”