Anyone have an eBay listing disappear after paying?

General discussions relating to all model brands and scales.
J-B

Anyone have an eBay listing disappear after paying?

Post by J-B » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:11 pm

So I bought a “Buy It Now” model from a seller in China who had feedback and is a member since 2016. The offer was on the side of too good to be true, but I have been lucky in the past with this, so I took a chance.

I paid immediately and it then some hours later, this listing/order is gone (even though I have the eBay email confirmation). Anyone else have this before? Should I be opening up a resolution ticket yet? I’ve contacted the seller but not heard anything and although this was only yesterday, the whole thing seems fishy.

[KRAFTIG]

Re: Anyone have an eBay listing disappear after paying?

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:09 pm

Hey, nothing like this has happened to me. Yes, open a case ASAP!!!

JamesonsViggen

Re: Anyone have an eBay listing disappear after paying?

Post by JamesonsViggen » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:30 am

It's happened to me.

EBay intervened noting fraud had taken place.

You go through the normal file a claim and resolution through eBay to get your money back.

One time and only once did eBay do that after I had paid. The china listing had stolen images of the item from another listing. The seller emailed me and said it was legit but was lazy and didn't take their own pics. I didn't ask for my money back and did get the item(Autoart Black Beauty).

But the China listings with free shipping and very low prices, yeah, eBay shut that down for a reason. Get your money back.

Return to “General Discussion”