Door hinge problem on Solido McLaren GTR Short Tail

Solido related news, headlines and general discussion.
stevenmweiner

Door hinge problem on Solido McLaren GTR Short Tail

Post by stevenmweiner » Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:39 pm

I am considering buying Solido's McLaren F1 GTR Short Tail in the LeMans Gulf Oil livery. However, I read in a previous review here that the doors on this model won't stay open in the up position and that Solido later included an unrealistic plastic rod with the model to insert under the front of the doors to keep them up and open. I think that's pretty bad to need something like that! Does anyone know if Solido has corrected that problem with the door hinges? I would like to buy this model in either the Gulf Oil livery or in the apparently upcoming papaya orange street version, but I'm very reluctant to do so if the weird plastic rod is still needed to keep the doors open! Thanks.

[KRAFTIG]

Re: Door hinge problem on Solido McLaren GTR Short Tail

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sun Dec 12, 2021 5:22 pm

I don't think there was any adjustment to the actual engineering. Possible future update, though I doubt they invest more into a budget-friendly product. There are other concerns, if you push it to the limit to try and actuate the hold possible you run the risk of breaking the hinge, and did this twice LOL.
Solido later included an unrealistic plastic rod with the model to insert under the front of the doors to keep them up
This is news to me.

PS - Please post brand-specific topics in the proper forum. Thank you.

stevenmweiner

Post by stevenmweiner » Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:53 pm

To read what I'm talking about, read Diecast Society's "Photo Gallery" article about this car on April 29, 2021. It makes reference to the problem with the doors staying open and to the "plastic access tool."

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:16 am

stevenmweiner wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:53 pm
To read what I'm talking about, read Diecast Society's "Photo Gallery" article about this car on April 29, 2021. It makes reference to the problem with the doors staying open and to the "plastic access tool."
Oh yes.

Return to “Solido”