GT Spirit Porsche 991.1 GT3 RS

GT Spirit related news, headlines and general discussion.
Gavin

GT Spirit Porsche 991.1 GT3 RS

Post by Gavin » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:04 pm

I bought this about a year ago off ebay from DS member SPhilli911 for a great price (great member to do business with, by the way). I'm almost always a sucker for blue & this Miami Blue shade suited the GT3 RS very well. I've seen this color on Boxsters & didn't care of for it, but really like it here. A local guy just took delivery of his GT2 RS in Miami Blue & it looks great there, too.

The model itself is nice, though now seeing good prices on the Minichamps versions, I have been tempted. I haven't bought a GT Spirit model this year. Their increased prices (through AE) & the overall static feel of these has kind of left me underwhelmed...maybe its just this particular model. :scratchhead:

[KRAFTIG]

Re: GT Spirit Porsche 991.1 GT3 RS

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:03 pm

Love the colour, love the car. The wheels seem one size too big. What do you think?

Gavin

Post by Gavin » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:05 pm

totally agree on the wheels, definitely too big. Seems like the rear fenders aren't quite wide enough, compared to the 1:1 pic.

The color is killer, though.

SPhilli911

Post by SPhilli911 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:37 pm

I love the color and the model isn't bad if you can find them for a good price (where at the time the only other option was the Spark versions, which are a bit costly) and I would have kept this one if I didn't already have a Spark!

Even since the Autoart version of this car came out, I still maintain that even though it is sealed, the Spark is the most accurate version. The Autoart seems off to me overall, but if you really need opening parts then it would be the best value.

And thank you for the kind words. I am happy to pass on a good value to other collectors! :beer:

David

Post by David » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:03 pm

I had all the 991 RS available in the market. The worse offender is probably the GT Spirit, then the AUTOart. Both are inaccurate. It's a shame because they had plenty of time to market their items but failed to deliver properly. Just look at what you produce and compare. It should be an easy task...

Spark is accurate but lacks some finish for the price (headlights) not to mention the wheels which are too big. In my opinion, Minichamps has the best shape overall but the quality is definitely far from the others. If you can buy one cheap, it's perfect!

Return to “GT Spirit”