GT Spirit: Koenig/Ferrari Evo

GT Spirit related news, headlines and general discussion.
[KRAFTIG]

GT Spirit: Koenig/Ferrari Evo

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:33 pm

I love tuner cars, but when this one was announced I almost passed. In the end I decided to add one based on the unique subject. There is much written about the accuracy of the model, some claiming the worst from GT Spirit to date in terms of accuracy. The paint is absolutely stunning and overall execution is very clean. Motor detail is surprisingly good too, though the rear glass hatch is extremely thin and delicate. Model looks good next to the other Ferraris in the collection. Enjoy the pics!

JamesonsViggen

Re: GT Spirit: Koenig/Ferrari Evo

Post by JamesonsViggen » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:10 pm

Revell made a 1/16 model kit of this exact car. It was a favorite of mine as a kit. I love resin for getting into super specific subject matter that is cost prohibitive in metal.

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:38 pm

I had this pre-ordered and paid for. I like it too

JamesonsViggen

Post by JamesonsViggen » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:27 pm

Lucky13 wrote:
JamesonsViggen wrote:Revell made a 1/16 model kit of this exact car. It was a favorite of mine as a kit. I love resin for getting into super specific subject matter that is cost prohibitive in metal.
No they did not. What they made is very very different. Not to mention, that they did not make it, but just distributed it under their brand, when Fujimi found themselves without representation in NA. And this particular subject is no more cost prohibitive than any other Testarossa. As a matter of fact it would be easier and cheaper to make in metal than a Testarossa, because of the lack of the stakes in the doors and no pop up headlights, not to mention it is almost entirely one solid color.
I know it was a reboxed Fujimi, I simply never bought it and owned the Revell packaged version.

As for it being so different, its been 30yrs, but I remember the kit having BBS style lace wheels.

Kwando

Post by Kwando » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:02 pm

Boy, that's alot of red lol I'm not a fan at all..

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:08 pm

Kwando wrote:Boy, that's alot of red lol I'm not a fan at all..
LOL for the period it was hotness :D

Gavin

Post by Gavin » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:17 pm

Kwando wrote:Boy, that's alot of red lol I'm not a fan at all..
I was thinking the same...not even counting the interior.

Koenig Ferraris & the rest of the '80's tuners (except for Ruf) were definitely not my thing.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:30 am

Lucky13 wrote:now that I have seen your review, I realize that this models falls short in more ways than I expected.
I don't know if you got paid by GT Spirit to say that the motor detail is surprisingly good, but that is sugarcoating it to say the least. Probably the best thing about this model (judging by your photos) is the interior.
LOL!!! No I don't get paid by GTS or any other manufacturer for than matter, I wish I did! I'm no authority on Ferrari or Koenig, what I said are from personal observations based on the model itself. For a resin the motor detail is good, not great but good. As for the inaccuracies that people claim the model has, that is all good, that is their opinion, they to voice their displease. I purposely did not write a full review because of my lack of knowledge with the brand. BUT overall I like it, it is different, unusual, something I'm keen on. Plus I didn't have it pay $400 for a unique resin piece.

Return to “GT Spirit”