Kyosho Headliner – Lancia Stratos HF Series

The latest in diecast headlines and DS website updates.
[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Wed May 11, 2016 10:47 pm

Kyosho along with Ignition Model present the Headliner Series. Their latest project consists of the famous Lancia Stratos HF rally cars. First production images of the Lancia Stratos HF (#11) 1975 Sanremo were made available this evening, a limited edition of 160 pieces. Each model is crafted in resin and closed-body construction. ETA for the Lancia Stratos HF (#11) 1975 Sanremo is September 2016, with the remaining two arriving in December 2016. Retail is suggested at $345US a piece.

Lancia Stratos HF (#6) 1975 Tour de Corse – Limited 140pcs
Lancia Stratos HF (#4) 1979 Monte Carlo – Limited 140pcs

.: SEE MORE :.

slartibartfast229

Re: Kyosho Headliner – Lancia Stratos HF Series

Post by slartibartfast229 » Sun May 15, 2016 7:06 am

Since the Sunstar is the only real option in 1/18th scale at the moment, I hoped this would be a realistic alternative. But it looks to be way too expensive even for a fully opened, fully detailed metal model. $345 for a sealed resin? No thanks...... If they drop to around €100 then I will consider one or two.

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Sun May 15, 2016 9:53 am

slartibartfast229 wrote:Since the Sunstar is the only real option in 1/18th scale at the moment, I hoped this would be a realistic alternative. But it looks to be way too expensive even for a fully opened, fully detailed metal model. $345 for a sealed resin? No thanks...... If they drop to around €100 then I will consider one or two.

You mean for this specific livery?

slartibartfast229

Post by slartibartfast229 » Sun May 15, 2016 5:23 pm

StratosWRC wrote:
slartibartfast229 wrote:Since the Sunstar is the only real option in 1/18th scale at the moment, I hoped this would be a realistic alternative. But it looks to be way too expensive even for a fully opened, fully detailed metal model. $345 for a sealed resin? No thanks...... If they drop to around €100 then I will consider one or two.

You mean for this specific livery?
The rally Stratos in general. The Sunstar version is typical of their efforts, there is no real difference between any of the models they have released so far - apart from the colour schemes. The Stratos was developed over the early years after introduction. Search 'rally Stratos' and see the different wheel arch designs, the arrival of the roof scoop, the early cars which ran without the chip cutter rear window grill or roof spoiler. Even the style of rear view mirrors. Sunstar would have you believe the car arrived on the rally scene fully developed... As an icon it deserves better.

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Sun May 15, 2016 5:38 pm

Are you aware of the Kyosho version? And I mean the opening diecast ones, not this sealed resin.

AOS

Post by AOS » Sun May 15, 2016 11:55 pm

While Sun star is still an option for collectors, those that want top of the line quality may have to go with Kyosho's or Ignition's (if it is many levels higher than Sun Star's).

Also, amiami has it up for preorder for significantly less than mentioned price.

Lastly, with only 140 pieces made, it's possible the market value will go up once Ignition becomes better known. In fact, the other 1/18 Ignitions that were previewed at Shizuoka (like this model) are already sold out for preorders at amiami.

slartibartfast229

Post by slartibartfast229 » Mon May 16, 2016 1:51 pm

StratosWRC wrote:Are you aware of the Kyosho version? And I mean the opening diecast ones, not this sealed resin.
I did not know that Kyosho had produced an earlier series of the Stratos in metal with opening parts. It makes no sense now that they have abandoned this tooling in favour of a sealed resin - and at such inflated prices..... I think I will hold my fire and wait to see if a metal version shows up on an auction site.

Return to “Latest Diecast News and Site Updates”