BBR Diecast, 1:18, Opening Bits… Ferrari F12 tdf?

The latest in diecast headlines and DS website updates.
[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:21 am

There has been some talk among collectors of a BBR scale model in diecast metal with opening parts for the last little while. Today images of a prototype model have surfaced proving the existence of the Ferrari F12 tdf in 1:18 scale. Could this be the first diecast model from BBR since the Ferrari Enzo? Possibly, but there is yet no official word or evidence of the beast on the website. Maybe we have a prototype Bburago Signature ++ in the works.

Yes the model is definitely is early pre-production stage, as there is much evidence that gaps the currently attention to detail in their resin line. Some of which include them massive dog-leg hinges for the bonnet, poor carbon fibre work, plastic looking and bulky bits within the interior, panel gaps and more. Or could this be evidence of a solid opening price point Ferrari diecast model that will drive volume instead of catering to rich and wealthy? Only time will tell, oh, and pigs do fly…

.: SEE MORE :.

StratosWRC

Re: BBR Diecast, 1:18, Opening Bits… Ferrari F12 tdf?

Post by StratosWRC » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:40 am

Apparently made and distributed by Minichamps under the BBR name just like Kyosho did back in the day

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:40 am

StratosWRC wrote:Apparently made and distributed by Minichamps under the BBR name just like Kyosho did back in the day
That explains everything LOL :shame:

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:00 am

I like it. For a prototype it looks pretty sharp. If they improve a couple of details, it'll be a winner

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:05 am

StratosWRC wrote:I like it. For a prototype it looks pretty sharp. If they improve a couple of details, it'll be a winner
Well hopefully the price point won't outrageous! :money: :money:

J-B

Post by J-B » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:03 pm

I see the doglegs which have been worse on other cars, but overall I don't think it looks that bad?

If Minichamps is the manufacturer (lots of elements look similar to my 991's from them), then there's a good chance for a decent execution based on that example. Price-wise, if the MC 991's are going for $200+ retail, I would expect this to be around $300 at least.

damnyouebay

Post by damnyouebay » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:36 am

Of all the companies they could hook up with they chose Minichamps ...

That is the moment I lost hope in this model. It looks very basic as it is, and with crappychamps behind the wheel it will marginally improve at best. Happy to be wrong, btw.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:07 am

damnyouebay wrote:Of all the companies they could hook up with they chose Minichamps ...

That is the moment I lost hope in this model. It looks very basic as it is, and with crappychamps behind the wheel it will marginally improve at best. Happy to be wrong, btw.
Agreed. And it will cost $500+. And a pale example of their original diecast cars too!

Canadian Wrench Head

Post by Canadian Wrench Head » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:58 am

Reading the comments on various model forums, I'm noticing an interesting shift of opinions. I'm finding that people are starting to lean towards "sealed" models if the price is right. Take the Kyosho Aventador SV for example. Any people championed it and I have already heard Auto ART hate for the upcoming "opening" Aventador SV model and its still in its prototype stage.

I read a comment the other day that Auto Art is wasting their time by making the doors of their new 911 GT3 RS open but not the engine bay even thought their is little to see in the back of a modern 911 and you can already see inside of a 911 by looking thru the windows.

Anyways, since the toy fair models have been shown, I just can't believe the negativity in the hobby. I buy BBR Ferrari models and love them, so when I saw that they were going to start producing opening die cast Ferraris, I was all for it. I own the BBR resin F12 TDF and love it but do wish I could see the mighty V12 under the hood.......yet I've heard some people already say "who cares, you can't even really see the V12 under the hood anyways".

......its a no brainer that price is a major factor in the hobby. I just find that more and more people are willing to take less or sealed if the price is lower. Probably why the BBR 488 GTB won model of 2016.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:15 am

Lucky13 wrote:Putting aside the fact that these were Kyosho models, I would like to point out that the Enzo was really far from perfect with a whole lotta issues from one of the shittiest carbon fiber decal applications to half opening doors, etc.
That 512 also has a very mediocre engine detailing, when it comes to choice of materials.
I don't expect these new models to be cheap, but I doubt they will be more than AUTOart Signature Series.
But as usual, let the hysteria begin......
Yes I think most are aware that Kyosho manufactured them, BUT at the end of the day it's BBR's name that is on the box... So I'm sure they had much to say how a model was executed in regards to their standards and how it would impact and relate to their brand standards.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:17 am

yet I've heard some people already say "who cares, you can't even really see the V12 under the hood anyways".
Simple, these are stupid people.

Model Maniac

Post by Model Maniac » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:38 pm

[KRAFTIG] wrote:
yet I've heard some people already say "who cares, you can't even really see the V12 under the hood anyways".
Simple, these are stupid people.
Oh no you ditunt....SNAP! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:03 pm

I feel like I'm the only one sitting here saying "it looks great, when can I get one?"

Atalante

Post by Atalante » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:00 pm

Well it looks much better that a lot of Autoart ''hand samples'' and it will be a high-end diecast model bearing the name Ferrari/BBR.
Of course it won't perfect but no model really is. So I don't care I just want one.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:21 pm

StratosWRC wrote:I feel like I'm the only one sitting here saying "it looks great, when can I get one?"
I was told the price is $699

Return to “Latest Diecast News and Site Updates”