Amalgam Unveils 1:18 Ferrari 250 LM

The latest in diecast headlines and DS website updates.
[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:59 pm

The latest is the 1:18 assortment of Amalgam replicas is the Ferrari 250 LM 24 hours of Le Mans 1965. Based on the images, though taken from a long angle, which doesn’t reveal much detail, the model shape and execution looks pretty darn good. Personally I love the blue pin-stripping around the wheels. On the flip side the model is sealed and crafted in resin. And the price isn’t cheap, $595US. Though it comes with some fluff, attractive case, note pad, and unique carrying straps. I say loose the fluff and develop a fulling opening model at this price point! Amalgam you can have that advise for free!

.: SEE MORE :.

spanner

Re: Amalgam Unveils 1:18 Ferrari 250 LM

Post by spanner » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:35 pm

I'd love to have a few more Ferrari's from this era but that is way too expensive for a sealed resin model.. :tut: its almost as expensive as my F-A Regera but that fully opens!

I guess I don't mind the compendium with the COA, pen & notepad idea but would ultimately not be fussed if none of it was included. And the carry straps are just a silly idea.. :shame: Why would you want to carry thing thing around anyways? :scratchhead: Nice they include a discount gift card! :money: :okay:

spikyone

Re: Amalgam Unveils 1:18 Ferrari 250 LM

Post by spikyone » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:42 am

Just not good enough for the money, not by a long way. Spark have started breaking the number roundels across the panel gaps on models costing €150, and the shutline around the door on this looks really poorly defined. I can't think of a single good reason why it should cost as much as it does. The price they're asking for this would be expensive even if it was fully opening.

Return to “Latest Diecast News and Site Updates”