UNDER-APPRECIATED Models you MUST have...

General discussions relating to all model brands and scales.
[KRAFTIG]

Re: Under-appreciated Models you MUST have...

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:18 pm

Lucky13 wrote:I can't believe how fast this thread with great idea got derailed so badly.
Back on track...

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:31 pm

Here's another one I think should be here. Yat-Ming Chevrolet Nomad Concept. A beautifully executed piece, lots of detail too. Less than $35

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:33 pm

I think this thread should be called "all the models you should avoid for fear of never being able to sell them for more than 1/10th of the price" lol

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:35 pm

StratosWRC wrote:I think this thread should be called "all the models you should avoid for fear of never being able to sell them for more than 1/10th of the price" lol
I'm not in the hobby to sell, if you are you're in for the wrong reasons. Passion, pure enjoyment my friend!

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:15 am

Lucky13 wrote:Kraftig, you mean to tell me, that Nomad concept does not come with a certificate telling me to go rub one off because there are only 500 of them in the world !!!???? :evil:
Unacceptable! It can never find its way into my house!
LOL, I'm saying its a great piece, very well made, a unusual specimen, one that should be considered because I deem it 'under-appreciated'... :)

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:04 am

Lucky13 wrote:I know, buddy…….It was my poor attempt at humor after what StratosWRC wrote. You have to add an icon for sarcasm.
I know :D

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:46 pm

Lol I hear you, but I don't know. I like it when my models have value that endures and even grows. It elevates their status from silly toys to prized collectibles. It also does not help that I'm INCREDIBLY picky when it comes to car models. Out of my 40-odd models, I have maybe 3-5 that can be had for under 100. All the cheap models that I had I either sold or put them in a bag and put them outside by a tree. That bag had a few Hot Wheels Ferraris. Enzo, 360, 456...

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:56 pm

StratosWRC wrote:Lol I hear you, but I don't know. I like it when my models have value that endures and even grows. It elevates their status from silly toys to prized collectibles. It also does not help that I'm INCREDIBLY picky when it comes to car models. Out of my 40-odd models, I have maybe 3-5 that can be had for under 100. All the cheap models that I had I either sold or put them in a bag and put them outside by a tree. That bag had a few Hot Wheels Ferraris. Enzo, 360, 456...
Diecast snob. :deal:

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:11 pm

Lol guilty.

Gavin

Post by Gavin » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:00 pm

Ferrari 250GT SWB California by Hot Wheels Elite. The red ones seem to have vanished, but the black, grey or burgandy/brown (or even the racing versions) can easily be found for less than $80 shipped (I've seen them MUCH cheaper, too).

It obviously isn't the CMC, but its more than good enough for me. Likely the best Hot Wheels Elite in my collection.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:25 pm

Definitely a nice piece, and one that should be considered.

Sanchez

Post by Sanchez » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:21 am

Lucky13 wrote:Now we are back on track. This car is probably better than the Kyosho 250 GTO as a model. Together with the 410 Superamerica, they are probably the best models that Mattel Elite has produced to date. The red car also has numerous differences in details compared to the other colors.
Now I am actually interested in California.
CMC model doesn't impress me. I think it has something wrong in the shape. Also the price is :o
What are the differences between red and other colours? Is it because red car is from "Ferris Bueller's Day Off"?
Leaning towards black.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:20 pm

The Kyosho Lamborghini Urraco Rally some-what under-appreciated. Still can be had for a steal and maybe of the last real complete models that came from Kyosho before the turbulent times. Detail inside and out is beautiful. Maybe there isn't a lot of classic Lambo fans out there, but if you are the fence with this one don't be! Oh, and what a beautiful ass!

Gavin

Post by Gavin » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:28 am

I agree with that one as well...though I will say, even the non-Rally versions are worth adding for a Lambo fan.

Also available in orange...

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:14 pm

Let's continue this thread... Another Corvette from AUTOart, the Corvette Callaway C12. Less then $50. Yes a concept vehicle buy very well executed. I love the awesome storage and detail on the rear hatch moon-roof. :okay:

Return to “General Discussion”