3x Hot Hatches (Clio RS, VW MK6 GTI, Focus RS)

Review or compare your diecast models here. Manufacture versus manufacture or brand versus brand.
Forum rules
Welcome to the the DS "Model Reviews" forum. The rules here are quite simple. Please build your review thread with detailed information and photos as you would any other post, but please adhere to the few simple rules below. Any questions please direct to Administrators or Moderators. Thank you the DS staff.

1) ADD "REVIEW:" to the beginning of your description field
2) Separate EACH photo with 1 line spacing
sash07

3x Hot Hatches (Clio RS, VW MK6 GTI, Focus RS)

Post by sash07 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:37 pm

Hi All

I recently decided to start collecting hot hatches in 1:18 scale. The hot hatch scene where I'm from is pretty big and I am a huge fan. I just wish that there would be more of them produced in 1:18 scale, like Audi RS3, VW MK7 Golf R, Opel OPC/VXR, BMW M135i etc.

The models in this shoot are:
Ford Focus RS (Minichamps)
Renault Clio RS 197 (Solido)
VW Golf GTI MK6 (Norev)

In my opinion, the Norev GTI is the best model of the 3. It is great value for money and the details are quite nice.

I was a bit disappointed with the Focus RS. This is my first Minichamps model and for the price, it is not up to standard. I was expecting it to be much better than the other 2 models in terms of details, but it isn't. I really like the 1:1 RS and no one else makes this car in 1:18 scale so that's the reason I decided to get it.

Lastly, the Clio. I picked up this model for a good price. It was the same price as the Maisto and Bburago models at my local hobby shop. I am impressed with this model. The exterior looks great and the details are not very far off the other 2 models.

Here are the pics...All feedback welcome

StratosWRC

Re: 3x Hot Hatches (Clio RS, VW MK6 GTI, Focus RS)

Post by StratosWRC » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:55 pm

Cool, I love hatchbacks. Fun little cars to drive.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:23 pm

Coming from a lot of experience from the Volkswagen brands, I'm very partial to hatchbacks. Unfortunately only the Volkswagen is available here in Canada. There are rumors the Focus RS is coming!

I have the MK6 GTI from Norev, hats off to them for using the optional 19" wheels just makes the GTI so much better! Thanks for sharing!

sash07

Post by sash07 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:18 pm

Thanks for the responses.
[KRAFTIG] wrote:Coming from a lot of experience from the Volkswagen brands, I'm very partial to hatchbacks. Unfortunately only the Volkswagen is available here in Canada. There are rumors the Focus RS is coming!

I have the MK6 GTI from Norev, hats off to them for using the optional 19" wheels just makes the GTI so much better! Thanks for sharing!
I agree with you about the wheels.

It sucks that you'll only get the VW in Canada. I would have thought that there would be a bigger variety of cars your side of the world. I guess we are lucky to get most of the hot hatches here in SA. It would be cool if the Focus RS does come there.
I'm hoping they use the 2.5l 5cyl engine like in the previous generation. The sound is just awesome :D

Return to “Model Reviews”