My collection

Create your own page to highlight your diecast collection and latest additions.
StratosWRC

Re: My collection

Post by StratosWRC » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:19 pm

Gavin wrote: Maybe not everything, but quite a few, yeah...and not a single car over $140. :rockon:
that's pretty admirable. The average model price in my collection I calculated to be $237

mazspd3jase

Post by mazspd3jase » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:37 am

GOOD LORD..... how many diecasts would you say are currently up to now?
Like you, I also have a huge collection of smaller scale cars.... a couple dozen 1:43 scale Ferrari and Mazdas. I also have a huge selection of 1:64 scale cars but none in original packaging....Most are Greenlights collectibles, as well as lots of Hotwheels and matchbox. I have 12 two-sided plastic cases that hold 48 cars and all but one is full. A selection of cars comes out in rotation once a year, during Christmas, as part of a huge scale Christmas village setup we display in the house. There is also a larger scaled size village that the 1:43's go into for Christmas. LOL.

BTW, I like the shelving you are using....I am partial to the billy bookcases myself because they are relatively inexpensive, a number of glass door options, and easy to add/subtract shelving to/from (I have a mix of the 30" & 15" wide units in different rooms of my house...and I like to put glass shelves instead, and create a riser to increase display capacity). I am in process of redoing my home office as a dedicated Porsche room, but have to wait till after the holidays to buy more shelving. Here is the current setup (minus a bunch of Porsche related artwork I still have in boxes, a glass door and LED lighting yet to be purchased).

All of the 911's in this picture will move into sealed bookcases after Christmas. I intentionally left a wall that is just under 6ft long for bookcases.

Anyhow, we've chatted a few times on my page but this is the first time I really looked at yours....I cannot wait to see what all you do with displaying your collection! I am sure it will be EPIC!
Last edited by mazspd3jase on Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

mazspd3jase

Post by mazspd3jase » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:42 am

BTW....I SAW the one car in your first page that I wish Autoart would re-release.....that silver Mercedes 600SL roadster! I kick myself for not getting one when it was released. I had the chance and money many times but told myself, "there'll be plenty of them used" :wall: :shame: :doh:

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:08 am

I had the chance and money many times but told myself, "there'll be plenty of them used
Ha ha... I think we've all been there :D

Gavin

Post by Gavin » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:59 pm

wrx_triggerhappy wrote:Gavin... :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Whole display looks amazing and congrats! I think you'll have to give tips to us all about keeping the "interesting discussions with the wife" vs. hearing the "are you insane?!" discussion hahaha. Way to go buddy!
Thanks, Sam...pretty happy with the results & loving having some of the collection on display (even if its just a small portion for now).
mazspd3jase wrote:BTW....I SAW the one car in your first page that I wish Autoart would re-release.....that silver Mercedes 600SL roadster! I kick myself for not getting one when it was released. I had the chance and money many times but told myself, "there'll be plenty of them used" :wall: :shame: :doh:
Glad you liked the collection & displays. Really happy with the Billys for their price & ease of set up, plus they suit 1:18 models very well.

That SL600 is a killer model...so glad I grabbed one when they were reasonable (paid under $100 shipped).

I'm actually down to 507 models, having sold 50 models so far this year. For years, I figured, as long as prices are reasonable, I'll continue to buy and then when I get displays, I'll sell off what I can't comfortably display. Pretty sure that once the kids are done with their toys, there's still no way I'll be able to display 550+ models, so I've been slowly going through & selling off stuff that may have been an impulse buy or I just don't like anymore.

Gavin

Post by Gavin » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:33 pm

Its been quite a while since I updated this page, or been actually logged into the forum, for that matter. I check the forum occasionally, but haven't actually posted for a few years. Since the last time I was here, I've bought 11 models (6 Porsches, 3 Fords, I Ford powered Shelby & 1 BMW) & sold 22...putting me at 492 models.

I was able to get some glass shelves for the Billy cabinets a while back, but then took me another year or so to actually put them in :doh: . Really happy with the results thus far, but do plan on getting more shelves, so I can add more cars.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:47 pm

Hey Gavin, nice to see you back in the fold. I understanding taking time away from the hobby is a good thing! I've been there, many of us have. Your collection looks solid, love the presentation!

Gavin

Post by Gavin » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:16 pm

Thanks, KRAFTIG. Glad to be back.

SPhilli911

Post by SPhilli911 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:26 pm

Wow, this is a very impressive collection! Very well presented too. I've been meaning to get some Billy cabinets myself, they seem to be the choice cabinet for model car display.

Gavin

Post by Gavin » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:38 pm

Thanks very much.

I got the Billys on CL locally, but even new from IKEA, they're relatively inexpensive.

OLECO MOTORS

Post by OLECO MOTORS » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:22 pm

Nice collection!

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:57 pm

StratosWRC wrote:
Gavin wrote: Maybe not everything, but quite a few, yeah...and not a single car over $140. :rockon:
that's pretty admirable. The average model price in my collection I calculated to be $237
I'm @ $95.23

Gavin

Post by Gavin » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:11 pm

$237 average cost... :wow:

My average cost is $45.40.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:41 pm

Gavin wrote:$237 average cost... :wow:

My average cost is $45.40.
LOL, Wes has expensive taste, well he did, not he's in love the JDM :popcorn: