CMC: Ferrari 250 GTO - Red

CMC related news, headlines and general discussion.
[KRAFTIG]

CMC: Ferrari 250 GTO - Red

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:26 am

What can you say about the model that hasn't been said. Won DS's Model of the year for 2015 by a landslide. Attention to detail is second to none, for a collector CMC is the pinnacle of collecting. YOU must do yourself a favor an add at least one model from their assortment to your collection.

There is has been a lot of debate whether the model is worth the price. Is it better value than the great Kyosho piece? I think so. I've owned both models and the Kyosho, though very good cannot hold a candle to the CMC version. It excels on EVERY level, believe me. Basically you a have a miniature production car, well it seems it is assembled that way LOL. I can take hundreds of photos of this model, because everywhere you look you find something new or that wow factor. Enjoy the pics!

StratosWRC

Re: CMC: Ferrari 250 GTO - Red

Post by StratosWRC » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:30 am

She's a beaut! Can't wait to put the red one next to my silver one. And then the red Le Mans version near those two lol. Just make sure you don't use the supplied screwdriver to remove the front three vents or the underbody cover. Use a smaller screwdriver. I got one at canadian tire

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:37 am

Haha, I didn't even bother to access these areas just because... :D

Canadian Wrench Head

Post by Canadian Wrench Head » Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:27 pm

Can you imagine if CMC made Ferraris from the late 1970's and up.........288 GTO and F40 ahhhhhhh

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:47 pm

Canadian Wrench Head wrote:Can you imagine if CMC made Ferraris from the late 1970's and up.........288 GTO and F40 ahhhhhhh
That would be something! :woot:

Atalante

Post by Atalante » Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:53 pm

They should start with a 275 GTB this one is long overdue in diecast

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:56 pm

I'm pretty excited cause I can't even imagine what other ferraris are in the works.

Canadian Wrench Head

Post by Canadian Wrench Head » Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:06 pm

is there a certain cut off year that CMC and Exoto won't make a model past. Like say 1975 or something. Just seems like they only build older cars.

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:19 pm

Well they are Classic Model Cars, so that's kind of their MO. I don't even want them to stray from that. As for the german law, I think 25 years and older.

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:31 pm

I guess your curse is knowing enough about this car to be able to see all the flaws that the CMC version has. I look at it and see a GTO. I'm definitely not intimately familiar with it. So for me, this model is great. I couldn't be happy with the Kyosho version if I knew the CMC was out there. I need the detail a lot more than accuracy and overall shape. As long as it's 95% accurate, which it is, I'm happy.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:37 pm

StratosWRC wrote:I'm pretty excited cause I can't even imagine what other ferraris are in the works.
I was thinking the same thing, I just didn't want to jinks it :D

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:44 pm

except for the awful, awful wrong shape of it. This model does not "excels on EVERY level" over the Kyosho. And this is not my opinion, but a 100% fact.
Please elaborate? Since I consider you the resident Ferrari authority. Based on my understanding the model is replicated based on another 250 GTO, which differs from the the Kyosho replica. Aren't all the original 1:1 cars fabricated by hand, so in reality this is no exact mirror image.

Nothing against the Kyosho version, but the 250 GTO is one of my favorites Ferraris, like Wes I wanted the best possible detail. Like I also say, no model is perfect!

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:06 pm

I don't know, I can't see most of what you're talking about, and what I can see doesn't really bother me. I was pretty sceptical when I first saw the pics, but once I held the model in my hand, it was a lot better. It's not very photogenic but looks good in person. I guess detail is just more important to me. Ignorance is bliss

But I don't like the fact that prices were so high despite the lack of a license. I agree that that is just greed.

[KRAFTIG]

Post by [KRAFTIG] » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:54 pm

Micheal, where do you get this information from? Is is speculation, conjecture, or what not?
I don't know what kind of drugs has Tony fed the CMC guys, but obviously they drank his cool-aid and decided they don't need a license to produce Ferrari models. But it was not so simple. They needed a loophole. And that loophole came in the shape of 250 GTO serial number 3809
That's one thing I struggled with, if there was no fees for licensing why the new price point? :scratchhead:

StratosWRC

Post by StratosWRC » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:14 pm

You're right on all counts, can't deny that. I'm especially surprised they decided to use the same body for the racing versions. I am turning a blind eye to it cause being as picky as I am regarding hardcore detail and parts count, there are only two brands that routinely pump those out, which are Exoto and CMC. If I don't buy them, may as well leave the hobby, cause no other brands make me as happy. It's like having troubled children. They're not perfect but they're all I got.

Return to “CMC (Classic Model Cars)”